This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk T1 : No Autothrottle/Airspeed Hold?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk T1 : No Autothrottle/Airspeed Hold?
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:51pm
No matter what I try, using the default autopilot setting I can set and hold Altitude,Heading etc, but not Airspeed. I have tried adding payware autopilot panels to the aircraft also, but I cannot for the life of me get any AP speedhold with this model.
HotelZulu
lowlevelRAF View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowlevelRAF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 11:21am
As there is no Auto-pilot on the Real T1, I doubt it will be supported here.
vAir Officer Commanding vRAF.org/vRAF.net
MSPG Simulations - Scenery plus more for FSX! - http://www.mspgsimulations.com"
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:32pm
Yes, I thought as much too.
HotelZulu
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 3:52pm
Hi Hotzoner, 

I can't think of anything that would stop you modding an autopilot into the Hawk. I don't think there is any code in there that would stop you from doing so. 

Did you add the autopilot_available=1 line to the aircraft.cfg to enable autopilot systems? 
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

Hi Hotzoner, 

I can't think of anything that would stop you modding an autopilot into the Hawk. I don't think there is any code in there that would stop you from doing so. 

Did you add the autopilot_available=1 line to the aircraft.cfg to enable autopilot systems?<span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"> </span>

Hi Rich, Yes I did take a look at that. I believe it is enabled as default. I also tried "autothrottle_arming_required" to =1 also.
I have tried to set speedhold Via FSUIPC also to no avail. This paywear Autopilot I bought, just for a few quid mentions in it's writeup that it should enable autospeedhold to aircraft that has no AP. *Shrug*    It's not the biggest deal though, This is still a magnificent a/c ;)
HotelZulu
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2016 at 7:10pm
WEll, I managed to hold speed via the "Fsuipc Speed Hold Toggle" in FSUIPC, and not the "AP Panel Speed Hold" in FSUIPC. That will do for me :)
HotelZulu
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic