Just Flight Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avro Lancaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 6:40pm
First class is a shocking mess of a model with incorrect systems, fuel selectors that are the wrong way round, loads of switches not working or doing the wrong thing, prop pitch and feathering that doesn’t work properly and incomplete models depending on the version selected. I can’t wait to have a prepar3d native version that has everything working on it.
Despite all that I enjoyed flying the fcs one a lot, probably because it has been the only half decent one that worked in fsx or p3d until now.
Chris
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by Busterbvi Busterbvi wrote:

Didnt see this coming ! Thanks for the heads up Tutmeister.

<span style="color: rgb29, 33, 41; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; white-space: pre-wrap;">This is good news indeed, been patiently waiting for a good Lancaster for years. I hope it includes droppable ordnance and bomb aimers view through a SABS precision bomb-sight so we can fly it to do what it was originally designed and built to do. I feel radio, nav station and front gunner views are unnecessary and the engineer sits next to the pilot anyway. Mid upper gunner 360 view would be nice but tail end Charlie, not so much. Respectfully, its a waste of devs time and poly's cramming in useless gimmicky views that most of us never use. Front & rear gunner views there's nothing to see ! Please don't over complicate it, just focus on overall quality, functionality as a bomber, a spot on sound set and you have a winner. Not being rude here so please take my comments in the spirit in which they are meant. Looking forward to it. Spitfire looking good too !</span>

I agree with your statements.

From my experience with P3dv3, it's a P3dv4 version that's required. The sim may be prone to out of memory, especially over Orbx Germany, which is a VAS eater!

Whilst it would be nice to have a working "complex" read, complete simulation of a Lancaster, I think a TacPack enhanced version would be and should be included, as the icing on the cake!

TacPack works well in 64 bit. The VRS Superbug works well in 64 bit, so it's my hope the developers get the Lancaster project done properly.

Just out of curiosity and academic interest, I recently completed a modern re creation of the Dambusters raid. I used the route as flown by AJ-J, Dave Maltby's aircraft.

Because the F/A 18 E has all the modern GPS weapons available and functions in P3dv4, I employed that aircraft, albeit with modern weapons and some "modern" defences to balance out the mission. Obviously it's in day time, or, if filmed at night you wouldn't see anything on You Tube! However the night mission is rather special when you fly it in your favourite aircraft....Tornado anyone??

https://youtu.be/3azwETYk5jQ

https://youtu.be/3azwETYk5jQ

Sorry doesn't look like this forum does links, but post the link in your browser and it should play!

Best regards

David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Tutmeister View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
David click the link icon above the message box, it is on the left hand end and then type in the text you want to appear as the link, then click ok and type in the web address. You end up with it like this.

f18 dambusters raid

Chris
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Tutmeister Tutmeister wrote:

David click the link icon above the message box, it is on the left hand end and then type in the text you want to appear as the link, then click ok and type in the web address. You end up with it like this.

f18 dambusters raid

Chris

Thanks Chris, I'd forgot about the link thingy!

Best regards
David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic