This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Avro Lancaster

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Avro Lancaster
    Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:23am
In view of the recent release of the Moquito, I was wondering whether it would be possible to develope a Avro Lancaster. The First Class Version is good but I feel that it is now becoming a little dated.
Thanks
John Smith
HiTec View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HiTec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2017 at 8:40pm
A2A should make one.....
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2017 at 8:06pm
Agree 100% on this, the Lancaster is without doubt as iconic as the Spitfire and the super talented JF in house dev team would make a superb job of it. Done to the standards that has been coming out of the in house team, it would be a great seller for JF.

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
johnsmith View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2017 at 7:12am
Hello
I have been in touch with A"A when the only other flying Lancaster was in the UK from Canada, but the response was totally negative. I have also been in touch with Aeroplane Heaven and the reply was not in the foreseable future
Also Virtavia have a copy of the Lincoln, but my advice would be to stick with the First Class Version for now
Markavro View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markavro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:13pm
Just Flight produced the Lancaster, but if you have Win10 and the Boxed version then you can no longer install it under Win10. 
All the Best
Markavro View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Markavro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2017 at 5:17pm
just Flight produced a Lancaster but it no longer installs boxed version under win10. So another piece of software that microsoft has made null and void.
All the Best
Chock View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 11:17am
I would have thought it would be a no-brainer for Aeroplane Heaven and Just Flight to have a crack at the Lancaster for P3D V4, especially since they did such a brilliant job with the B17F, which is without doubt one of the best add-ons they've ever made. AH knocked it right out of the park with that one, it's awesome.
johnsmith View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnsmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 1:27pm
I have been in touch with both Aeroplane Heaven and A2A who did not seem that interested in the Lancaster which I think is a shame especially after the interest that was generated when "VERA" from Canada was in England. Also its the reason I have not upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2017 at 3:08pm
Now that we've got a Vulcan in the works, that only leaves the Lancaster and SR-71 on my bucket list of aircraft I'd love to create.
I'll be crossing my fingers we get to the Lanc some time with you guys!  

Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 10:21am
Coventry's Shackleton MR2 first, please. Wink
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Paul K Paul K wrote:

Coventry's Shackleton MR2 first, please. Wink

Oh, yes please . . . . 
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 4:09pm
At the risk of sounding rude which I dont mean to be, I would respectfully suggest that going forward, JF keep it all in house to maintain the most excellent standard set by the Canberra, Hawk, GR1 etc. A Lancaster done 100% by the JF in house team would be the answer to my prayers ! Also, I know there are many Spitfires out there but the only decent one is the A2A Mk 1/2b. How about the house team think outside the box and do a Mk16 with Merlin, in my humble opinion, the most beautiful Spitfire variant ever made.

Asus Z87. i7 4770k. 8 GB DDR3 @ 1866 mhz. GTX980ti SC. 120 GB SSD. 1TB Evo SSD. 750W PSU. W7/64. Dell 32'' 4K Monitor. 2 Lazy Boyz & Lap dancing facilities.
Tutmeister View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2017 at 8:34pm
Just wanted to add my support for a lanc too!
Having both fsx versions of the lanc they are dated and never entirely worked properly either with missing controls and systems being mixed up. A study lanc would do so well with the ability to manage fuel systems, engine feathering and restarts etc.
It is a constant running joke on the a2a forums but it is unlikely they will ever do one. Go for it Just Flight, the in house team is among the best.
Fingers crossed. :)
Chris
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 1:58pm
I would buy any in-house JF spit or lanc in a heartbeat :) I'm sure the BoB flight would partner up with you vis a vis access to aircraft and data? K
Uncle Bucc View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Bucc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2017 at 8:13pm
If a Lancaster was produced and to the level, or higher, than the Canberra PR9 then I too would buy one. 

A sim study level aeroplane, including engine and fuel management systems etc., would definately lighten my wallet.  Big smile
IanHenry View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IanHenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 11:33am
Yes, a good Lancaster would be very nice.
I've just finished reading "Bomber Flight Berlin" by Mike Rossiter, it's the story of one Lancaster crew's war and it gives a pretty horrific account of the number of people killed by the bomber offensive, both civilian and crew, for example one raid quotes 46 Lancasters lost. 

Regards,
Ian
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2018 at 12:10pm
Nice to see support for the Lancaster, its time this most iconic of aircraft was honoured by a British developer. You have a very talented team in place now to pull this off before someone else does so come on Just Flight and pay tribute to the aircraft that in my opinion, won us the war.

I dont care too much for complicating it with fuel management systems etc but I would like to see a functioning bomb aimers view and the ability to drop ordnance so we can recreate the sole purpose of what the real aircraft was designed and built to do.

Sir Winston Churchill. " The fighters are our salvation... but the bombers alone provide the means of victory"

Herman Goering. " No enemy plane will fly over Reich territory"

Here is S - Sugar, now preserved at the RAF Museum Hendon. I believe the only RAF aircraft to be awarded the Distinguished Flying Medal.

Tutmeister View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tutmeister Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2018 at 9:15pm
Looks like it is progressing well!
aeroplane heaven new lanc
It is also on their Facebook page.

Chris
Busterbvi View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Busterbvi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:04pm
Didnt see this coming ! Thanks for the heads up Tutmeister.

This is good news indeed, been patiently waiting for a good Lancaster for years. I hope it includes droppable ordnance and bomb aimers view through a SABS precision bomb-sight so we can fly it to do what it was originally designed and built to do. I feel radio, nav station and front gunner views are unnecessary and the engineer sits next to the pilot anyway. Mid upper gunner 360 view would be nice but tail end Charlie, not so much. Respectfully, its a waste of devs time and poly's cramming in useless gimmicky views that most of us never use. Front & rear gunner views there's nothing to see ! Please don't over complicate it, just focus on overall quality, functionality as a bomber, a spot on sound set and you have a winner. Not being rude here so please take my comments in the spirit in which they are meant. Looking forward to it. Spitfire looking good too !
normanmacdonald View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normanmacdonald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 2018 at 12:36pm
First Class Simulations do one which is excellent and it is of the last one to fly in the UK
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic