This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hawk T1 Framerate?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawk T1 Framerate?
    Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 4:11pm
Hello All
Any experiences so far good or bad with the Hawk T1 framerate and how cpu/gpu intensive this plane is (P3D v3.3)? I am hesitant to purchase again after my experience with the Tornado.  Although it has been improved it is still way too resource intensive for me to enjoy non stutter/smooth flight. For me it was a waste of money and I dont want to do that again. As a point of reference I have just about every high end military aircraft out there and they all perform very well and the PMDG 737 performs very well on my system.

Thanks
saunder View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote saunder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 5:53pm
I am running it with the Oculus rift in P3D v3.2 and its very smooth nothing like the tornado at all. My system is i7 and a GTX980 I have not heard any grumbles regarding performance.
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 8:54am
I am running an i5 3.30GHz  16gig ram Nvidia GTX 650, it wrecks my fps so much that I am unable to fly it, very disappointed.
paul
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 9:05am
On my i7 4970k 4.4 GHz / GTX970 system it runs smooth as butter in FSX-SE, I would rate it in the same league as the JF Canberra / Aerosoft F-14 / Milviz F-4
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 3:45pm
Many thanks to the support team, they pointed me in the right direction to fix my FPS problem , evidently FSX does not like running in compatability mode, one small box ticked problem fixed, once again many thanks for your swift answer to my problem.
paul
SkyFly View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 11:12am
I've got it running but with a serious hit to my frame rates. down to 15 FPS even though normally I can get over 30 with the same settings. I think they managed to update the Tornado which was an FPS hog, and got it running better. Please please Just Flight, any performance boost would be appreciated! Love the model so far though.
fat-al View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fat-al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 1:03pm
I'm getting 35-60 FPS depending on which ORBX region I am in.

Al
Windows 7 Ultimate x64.
Intel i7-6700k 4.0GHz
Corsair H110I GTX.
Asus Z170 Pro Gaming.
Corsair Dominator 16GB DDR4 2133MHz.
Nvidia Geforce GTX980TI 6GB
2x SAMSUNG 2.5" 500GB.
1x WD BLACK 1TB.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic