This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Improved flight dynamics for bae hawk.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Improved flight dynamics for bae hawk.
    Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:48am
Hey guys i Just wanted to help out just flight with there new Bae hawk with the flight problem. I have been doing some editing on the plane with the pitch sensitivity ect.   If you guys would like a better stable flying plane  until JF releases and update you can download my current fix.  Also make sure to use your trim on take off and in flight.    Please leave feedback.

https://www.mediafire.com/?bu95o6f4p0q9r9w

you can email me here id you have questions.

Zero2onee@yahoo.com

Cheers Smile
phillip k strong
andyleigh View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyleigh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 9:57am
email sent
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:10pm
It does reduce the pitch sensitivity at rotation, but you've done some other things which I'm not sure about. Idle N2 now seems far too low. As a result Hyd 2 won't come on line unless you increase RPM to the original idle N2 of around 55%. On the other hand EGT looks much more realistic.

Kevin
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:36pm
Hmm thats wired.   I only went into  the air file  and changed the pitch sensitivity along with the planes COG.    I never messed with the gauges but will look more into the problem.
phillip k strong
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 11:21pm
Just to give you an update on where we are at with the fde, I've put out a new set of files to the test team this evening having done a lot of re-writing over the weekend. Pitch is now much more under control, engine temps are on the mark both during startup and with regard to the over-temp warning light activation.  The CG shouldn't need to be changed - it's accurately set at frame 21 (from memory) which is quite far aft but if you move it forwards you risk other areas of the flight envelope. I understand it as a quick fix so you can enjoy the systems etc but long-term it is not the solution! Quite a few other minor fixes have been done, it's not going to be an immediate fix from us - the files will need to be tested before they get to you! Hopefully not too long, though.

Cheers,
Paul.
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 11:42pm
I always thought the CG was one of the issues because of the pitch behavior on take/flight.   Only a tail heavy plane would seem to act that way.   Also When ever i rolled the plane , it seemed like it wanted to torque roll a little. when i moved the CG forward a bit , the roll was better along with the pitch.  The nose no longer would pop up so quick  when flying slow. 

Im looking forward to the upcoming patch for the plane.    Its a great bird Smile    

phillip k strong
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 11:50pm
kevinh

In P3D  i did some flight testing for about 10 minutes  from starting her dark and cold.   Every thing seemed to work fine from my end.    Gear and flaps all came down with no lights or any other problems in the plane.    I will do the same in Steam edition and see if i get the same result.
phillip k strong
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by raz410c raz410c wrote:

kevinh

In P3D  i did some flight testing for about 10 minutes  from starting her dark and cold.   Every thing seemed to work fine from my end.    Gear and flaps all came down with no lights or any other problems in the plane.    I will do the same in Steam edition and see if i get the same result.
Hi Phil,

The hung start effect I mentioned is consistent for me in FSX-SE with your new files. Reverting to original files corrects the idle N2. As I've learned to cope with the takeoff pitch sensitivity I'm staying with original. Hopefully JF will come out with an SP soon, as it's not just takeoff pitch that needs to be corrected. The pitch up during stall is crazy.

Kevin
mickrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2016 at 12:45pm
I have to start my default aircraft in P3d v3.5 1st, before changing to the Hawk to be able to start the engine, after that the flight is a devil of a job to maintain straight and level flight. Just Flight will get there eventually and hopefully sooner than later and then this will be good aircraft for my hanger
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2016 at 6:24pm
Ah well sorry to hear your having that issue with my files.   The pitch sensitivity and rolling dynamics was not doing it for me as the plane just feels Tail heavy with Increased Elevator Effectivness and wants to slightly torque roll.  If others are having an issue with  The hydraulic #2 , this will only happen if you do not increase RPM and hit the reset hydraulics 2 button a few times Before take off.   Once you get the hydraulics 2 needle all the way up then she will be fine.  

From my experience though After flying the Hawk in DCS and comparing this one.   My files feel more accurate than the Stock ones that came with this release.  It's just hear if anyone wants a better flying model for now until they release a patch.
phillip k strong
mickrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 5:57am
Thank you Phillip But where are the file you are talking about for the Hawk
Regards
helix1250 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2016 at 9:53pm
I have been watching a fair few video clips of RL Hawks in flight, lets hope JF can improve the flight dynamics. The RL ones dont seem anywhere near as twitchy and unstable as the Sim version.

Rob
mickrick View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mickrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 4:50am
Hi Rob
JF will have to get the flight dynamics sorted on this one other wise people will not trust them again for a long time. It would have been better if they had delayed the Hawk for a few months because the Beta tester/s Would or Should in my mind have picked this problem up in the First Moments of trying to fly the Hawk and this I think is where the problem lies.
Regards
PaulR View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2016 at 8:20am
I have installed the airfile from the link in the first post and big improvement to stability.
paul
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2016 at 7:33am
Documentation wise the manual was missing some important info for me.
Some controls/switches in the VC did not have tooltips to identify them, doubly difficult when they are not in the manual either!
Flight wise on the ground its controllable, in the air was not. After a couple of minutes i was having to apply full forward stick just to remain level, no amount of trim control fixed this. Stall conditions could hardly be recovered from, all attempts to nose down to gain airspeed were violently resisted!
Model is excellent and I hope the flight model gets properly fixed, because if not I'll be asking fir a refund as this a/c is not flyable IMHO. Ive also watched RL clips of hawk flights and I'd echo previous comments that they seem massively more stable...

JF if you need additional testers please contact me, i'd like this to be a success... :)
kevinfirth View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinfirth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by kevinfirth kevinfirth wrote:

Documentation wise the manual was missing some important info for me.
Some controls/switches in the VC did not have tooltips to identify them, doubly difficult when they are not in the manual either!
Flight wise on the ground its controllable, in the air was not. After a couple of minutes i was having to apply full forward stick just to remain level, no amount of trim control fixed this. Stall conditions could hardly be recovered from, all attempts to nose down to gain airspeed were violently resisted!
Model is excellent and I hope the flight model gets properly fixed, because if not I'll be asking fir a refund as this a/c is not flyable IMHO. Ive also watched RL clips of hawk flights and I'd echo previous comments that they seem massively more stable...

JF if you need additional testers please contact me, i'd like this to be a success... :)

Hmm flew her today and she seemed less uncontrollable, just on edge..I withdraw my comments about the a/c being unflyable, she'd just darned difficult to keep stable.. :) Cheers K
david.harwood View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david.harwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2016 at 3:03pm
I finally managed to fly the Hawk for the first time last night as for some reason my realism setting had been returned to EASY!!!! What the!! Anyway I now have my normal settings and full aileron control which is what I'd been missing. She's a handful alright and certainly requires the gentle touch but for my first flight I found the flight dynamics to be OK although took some time to get used too. As with the Tornado GR-1 this bird takes some flying and understanding but its definitely not for the jump in a fly simmers. Glad I've stuck with this one again as its turned out to be, for me anyway, a great product from Just Flight.
David Harwood BEng Aerospace
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic