This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Hawk T1/A Advanced Trainer
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bae hawk doing flips at slow speeds?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bae hawk doing flips at slow speeds?
    Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 5:51pm
Not sure if this is realistic but i have tested the bae hawks slow speed handling and noticed that when the plane is slowed down to about  170- 100 mph if you pull all the way back on the stick is does a back flip.    Is this a realistic effect on the real plane?
phillip k strong
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 6:31pm
There are a few pitch issues (seemingly affecting P3D much more than FSX) which I'm working on at the moment. I don't think the backflip you're experiencing is accurate but (from the manual) "the controls remain effective even beyond the stall." Hope to get this sorted quickly!

raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 9:41pm
Gotcha , yeah thats one thing odd i noticed.   other than that she flys nicely.
phillip k strong
sleightflight View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sleightflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:09pm
I can't get it airborne on my P3D install, I tried holding the stick back just a little from neutral, as soon as the nose comes up it pitches violently up and makes the tail hit the ground.
helix1250 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helix1250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2016 at 10:48pm
I struggle to get it started, then can't steer the thing on the ground, l have to use differential braking to steer.

And when in the air the nose pitches up violently and banks left all the time!

Any chance of sorting these issues out?
petesmiffy View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petesmiffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 12:08am
FSX is no better. Pig to start, pig to taxi, doesn't want to fly. Take it to altitude by slewing, can't fly it there as response to elevators is all or nothing. At 20,000 it rolls 180 right then 180 left. If you can hold it level it gains altitude at 3000 fpm. It doesn't answer the rudder and once the nose drops you are are going all the way down. At one point I had it flying backwards.
Got to wonder how they test these aircraft. Still at one point I exceeded Mach 1 in a climb, never seen the Red Arrows do that
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 3:18am
I manage to get mines of the ground with half flaps at about bettween 130-150 depending on where i am.   the plane is trimmed up so you will need to trim it down.     Mine also didnt go mach 1 in a climb, i only got her up to about 600 mph tops over  San Diego California in level flight.     

I think they forgot to check the pitch rate of the plane or maybe wanted some feedback from customers so they can make some adjustments.     
phillip k strong
Vino View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2016 at 10:19am
Hawk does not have nose wheel steering, so you have to taxi with differential braking.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Delta558 Delta558 wrote:

There are a few pitch issues (seemingly affecting P3D much more than FSX) which I'm working on at the moment. I don't think the backflip you're experiencing is accurate but (from the manual) "the controls remain effective even beyond the stall." Hope to get this sorted quickly!

It's very bad in pitch in FSX-SE. When entering a stall if you maintain aft stick the nose up pitch rate actually increases. It should pitch down fairly sharply at the g-break. There may be some remaining pitch control but stabiliser effectiveness shouldn't increase like this post stall.

During takeoff, if you rotate early (and there is no documentation to tell you what speed to rotate at Ermm) you can end up at about 90 deg nose up very quickly. You have to use a very small pitch input at rotation to avoid instant overrotation.

Talking of FDE issues, my Hawk regularly bounces on its gear when static with engine off. Often with a tyre squeal sound as it sorts itself out. It settles for a while then something else will set it off.

Kevin
raz410c View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raz410c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 4:15am
Yeah i agree with the super pitch sensitivity.   They might have made the plane a little tail heavy  ,Incorrect  Pitch Stability or Drag.     Its one of these 3 things.   I had to make some adjustments to the plane so that i could be happy with flying it.   There is no way the hawk should be doing flips and having that amount of elevator effectiveness.    
phillip k strong
Daveebee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2016 at 10:20am
I can't get it airborne on my P3D install, I tried holding the stick back just a little from neutral, as soon as the nose comes up it pitches violently up and makes the tail hit the ground. 
Hi ,I would really have thought this particular trait would have been found and rectified during the testing process(if of course it did go through a testing proir to release)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic