This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Trains > JT General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oxford to Bicester DLS - Disappointing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Myrm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oxford to Bicester DLS - Disappointing
    Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 7:38pm
I just purchased the Oxford to Bicester DLC from JT and I have to say I am very disappointed.

The first thing that struck me is captured in the screenshot below.  Just look at the typos and grammar in the dialogue.  Extremely unprofessional.

"uk" - lower case?  Should be UK

"had it's fair share of storms..."  Should be had its fair share.  There should be no apostrophe between the t and s.

"diffrent"  Should be different

"due to hit us any minute don't let it ..."  Should be a comma between minute and don't?

"let it disrupt you're service ..."  you're? That's short for you are.  Should be your.

"prepair"  Should be prepare.

Did a child write this?

Secondly.  Should these platforms be of uneven height?

Myrm
Stefeni View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stefeni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 11:33pm
I also had a issue with this route, running a quick drive from East of Bicester Village to Bristol 07:00 departure spring setting and cloudy, the game terminated with the train (Chiltern mainline 165)  between Didcot and Swindon claiming a derailment due to collision with AI train 12 but the track was completely clear and i had a green light on my path , i also noted the problem with the platform at Bicester Village too

I have had this before on this route at Didcot station on Western mainlines v103 

incidentally I had something similar on the SECML while running southbound with a  DTG Class 180 as I passed an HST just south of the Tay Bridge and again south of Kirkcaldy the game again terminated claiming collision with AI train though the line ahead was clear and I had a green signal
gonzo2431 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gonzo2431 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2016 at 5:10pm
Having looked at the platforms they are not at different heights, they just seem it from certain perspectives as one is a solid brick underside and the other is on concrete pillars. The "AI collision" is not your train colliding, it is an AI colliding with another AI train somewhere. If it was a quick drive finding out why they collided would be very difficult as we would be unable to replicate the exact parameters and trains as they are very often random in what is chosen by the computer. 
Oliver View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oliver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 2:07pm
I'll pass on that one ! I can't believe the misspelling.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 4:41pm
Thank you for your reports. The incorrect grammar has been corrected and is sorted in the upcoming service pack. The platform levels are the same heights. One platform is shorter in length and thus giving the wrong visual impression. Scenario issues. Not sure I have heard of the one stated here. Has it been reported formally via the support page? If not can you do that please otherwise we cannot investigate it. Thank you.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2016 at 8:47pm
"Breifing" in the title should be fixed, too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic