This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Third Party Add Ons

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Third Party Add Ons
    Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 5:14am
I am considering getting AH2. Looked at it for years now. It seems to rely on FSX flight planner and ATC, and prefer stock aircraft(maybe this latter point is a budget thing, and can be overcome with more funds?)

Can I utilise:
  • ASN
  • Third party scenery and airports 
  • Flight Sim Commander for flight plans. (cut and paste routing into FSX)
  • Pro ATC/X or Radar Contact 
  • Navigraph which is far far ahead of FSX! 

Regards
Ged
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 8:16am
ASN is fine as are any other weather generators,
most 3rd Part AC work there maybe the odd one but there are posts regarding them.
I use Plan-G for GA and PFPX for my A320 so it should work, AH is just concerned that you land where you should be, not worried which route you take.
I believe other ATC's work I have read of people using RC.

All the above are able to be used you just untick a box in AH2 to stop it generating weather, scenery import is currently not functioning but will as we get further into EA, some are getting the Maj Dash 8 to work but I dont have that,it createsa flight plan but you dont have to use it, I have ignored for years in AH1 and AH2 is the same....
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 9:32am
I use FSC, pro atc and navigraph.

All work fine but you'll have to be aware airports with a name like A4G dont have navigraph data so pro atc cannot use them because they dont show up in the database.

So dont accept jobs to an airport with a number in them unless you want to fly VFR.

ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2016 at 11:02am
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

All work fine but you'll have to be aware airports with a name like A4G dont have navigraph data so pro atc cannot use them because they dont show up in the database.

So dont accept jobs to an airport with a number in them unless you want to fly VFR.

The PF3 ATC uses what the flight sim has or what the user adds manually (no Navigraph), so if you are still undecided, you might want to give the PF3 demo a try.

(but let's try to not derail this thread with "my ATC add-on is better than yours" Smile)
mick19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 12:06am
Thanks guys, seems like most of the add-ons work, other than scenery as yet, but planed.

Thanks 'wain', as the flight plan can be ignored...so, does that mean, as a minimum, I can accept a job, load a/c and fly now, then set up a/c flight plan on the fmc from my FSC created plan.

Thanks 'Flyer10', So, does AH2 use the old FSX navigation data for its airport job list and navigation waypoints? If I create a flight plan using Navigraph data, it will work ok, I just have to make sure the AH2 airport is in the Navigraph data base? I guess, as I create the FSC plan, this will become evident, as FSC will say the airport does not exist.

Thanks 'ThomasAH' I always thought there was really only, RC and PRO ATC/X...but now I see PF3 ATC(looking on my bookcase, I have Profight 98) and Also, saw Pilot2 ATC appear of late.

If you log out and do not return for several days/weeks, what happens to your AI pilots? Can they bid for their own work, so while you are away, they are working(earning) or....do you always have to find jobs for them, including return to base jobs etc.

I have lots of questions...Is it possible to download a manual prior to purchase for AH2
Regards
Ged
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 9:31am
AH only uses the sim airports, it will scan so addons are included. It has nothing to do with navigation, that's done with FSC and PROATC.

The AH airport database is bigger than the pro atc database. In years of use, I've only ever encountered one problem, simferopol is not in the navigraph.
Also sometimes airport get an icao name change but you can update the fsx database yourself. It's 99.99% fine.
mick19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2016 at 1:58pm
Thanks Flyer10. I guess with AH being several years old now and actively developed still, obvious fixes are attended to. The third party airports are an obvious addition needed, and apparently in the pipeline.

Must be culture shock to go back to stock airports.. 
Regards
Ged
TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:13am
just read all the above posts, good read btw. i have got ah2 and i keep having problems running it. i cant put my finger on or understand where my problem is. i always thought i had a good set up 16g ram, running a nvidia 960gtx card etc so i should be able to run ah2 and steam fsx no probs. i also purchased pmdg 737ngx after reading the reviews awesome btw. but when i load it in msfx the program crashes i run it in ah2 works fine, but all very slow i checked out you tube for msfx tweaks but none made any difference. so i must be doing something wrong i really wanna get into flight planning and use ah2 in connection with all my addons etc i also use asn and orbx. i hope someone can help me get this sorted out. pulling my hair out every night i get in and set it up to fly a route, my airline is losing out here and losing money in lost revenue. stuck on the ground lol. many thanks look forward to someone pointing me in the right direction you can also email me advice all accepted.
mick19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 7:55am
Hi T'Paul54, Have you posted in the PMDG forum? as this looks more like the 737NGX will not run in FSX for what ever reason. And/or maybe a support ticket the best solution as Vince etc will soon sort out what the issue is. 
Only when it runs in FSX, as intended, would you then load it into AH2, otherwise you maybe dragging the problem into AH. 
Regards
Ged
TruckerPaul54 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruckerPaul54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 9:12am
ok ty will do that now see if anything comes of it
mick19 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2016 at 1:40pm
Great. Let us know when you get it resolved in FSX and what was the error. And then of course when it works ok in AH2
Regards
Ged
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic