This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about AirHauler2 before I buy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenseli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about AirHauler2 before I buy
    Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:32pm
Hello,

I have a question as I'm interested in buying AirHauler 2:

In every video I just see standard FSX/P3D planes, so my question is, if it is possible to play AirHauler 2 also with more complex addons like PMDG, Majestic, A2A etc.?

Do they work out of the box or is any editing of aircraft.cfg etc. necessary?

And last question: would AirHauler 2 be also available at simMarket, once the full version is released?

Many thanks for answering!
Günter
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:39pm
[QUOTE=Guenseli]Hello,

I have a question as I'm interested in buying AirHauler 2:

In every video I just see standard FSX/P3D planes, so my question is, if it is possible to play AirHauler 2 also with more complex addons like PMDG, Majestic, A2A etc.?

Yes - most any FS aircraft can be imported into AH2

Do they work out of the box or is any editing of aircraft.cfg etc. necessary?

Most work out of the box.  Some have to be tweaked.  There's an update to the Majestic Dash 8 that is required to make it work.  There's a good dialogue on the Early Access forum about that and the developer is, of course, heavily involved. 

And last question: would AirHauler 2 be also available at simMarket, once the full version is released?

Probably not, but that's above my pay grade.

John Allard
Guenseli View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenseli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:43pm
thanks for the quick answer.

Can you answer about these specific addons, if they work out of the box:
PMDG 777 and 737?

And A2A Stuff like Comanche, Cherokee?

And what does tweaking mean then? In the aircraft.cfg?
And what do you mean with an "Update for the Majestic"? Update from JustFlight or Majestic?

many thanks again!
allardjd View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allardjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 4:02pm
Can you answer about these specific addons, if they work out of the box:
PMDG 777 and 737?

As I understand it, for aircraft that have a developer-supplied loading utility, as opposed to using the FS Fuel & Payload menu, it is necessary to use AH2 in the "Networked Mode" which allows the user to manaully launch FSX (or P3D) vice letting AH launch it.  That prevents AH sending fuel and cargo loading data to the aircraft when the sim launches.  You must use the developer's application to load the sim/aircraft/cargo after manually starting the simulator.

And A2A Stuff like Comanche, Cherokee?

I see reports of people using both.  The only problems I see noted seem to be from Windows with other than US/EN regional settings.

And what does tweaking mean then? In the aircraft.cfg?

Problems from aircraft.cfg are usually the result of errors by the developer, which we've seen in both freeware and payware AC.  Sometimes it's commas and periods mixed up, sometimes it's AC with only one loading station, and some other similarly bone-headed things.  Most are easy fixes once the problem is identified.  One recent example...

For this aircraft.cfg (the Avro one), there is an error in the fuel section (as usual....).

Center1 = 2.0, 0.0, 3.0, 657.0.0, 0.0

is incorrect, note the 657.0.0, and it should be

Center1 = 2.0, 0.0, 3.0, 657.0, 0.0

And what do you mean with an "Update for the Majestic"? Update from JustFlight or Majestic?

I think it's directly from Majestic.

John Allard
Guenseli View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guenseli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 5:20am
Many thanks, these are very valuable informations!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic