This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Traffic 360 CTD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Traffic 360 CTD
    Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 11:33am
Hoping that someone might be able to advise me on an issue I am having with Traffic 360.  Purchased this some 2 years ago but still get problems with it.

I created 2 traffic files and deleted the default one that is created when installing Traffic 360 (ai_traffic).

One traffic file was Summer 2012 and the other one was VFR and Business Traffic which I set for both at 50% then created the bgl file which automatically loaded so had 2 traffic files and only set traffic to 10% overall however, when flying from Heathrow towards either Brookman Park, Daventry or even Trent and some cases to Pole Hill FSX has crashed with the fault being ai_player. Time and time again this has occurred and when I have removed Traffic 360 from my computer FSX has run without any crashes.

My computer should run everything OK so at a loss as to what the problem may be.

FTX England Scotland and Wales
Only have 2 large payware airports well clear of Heathrow.
Any help greatly appreciated

P i5
8 Gb Ram
Ge-Force GTX 760
Running FSX on C Drive
1TB Hard Drive
Win7 

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 2:43pm
I found this post on AVSIM (credit goes to Jim Young) ...

------------------------------------------------------

According to the AVSIM CTD Guide the following are a list of probable fixes:

AI_Player.dll - The faulting module was the ai_player.dll which is the module that controls your AI (a commercial AI program or the default).

• Could be something wrong with an AI model or object. If you have MyTrafficX, you can disable AI in the Scenery Library to see if this fixes the problem. If so, then this is the problem. If you have another AI program installed, then disable that program to see if the program is causing your crashes.

• Problem occurs occasionally in the Seattle area with FTX/Orbx Pacific Northwest. This may have been fixed by now but check the FTX/Orbx forums and search for AI_Player.

• Caused by freeware airports in the area that has static aircraft or their own AI aircraft and flight plans. Disable the add-on airport and see if problem is gone. If you have any FSDT, Flight Beam airports, do not disable them. They are not the problem.

• AI programs like MyTrafficX has AFCAD's for hundreds, maybe thousands of airports in the MyTraffic/Scenery folder. Anyone of these could be the cause of the ai_player crash. In this case, make sure you have the latest version of your AI program installed.

------------------------------------------------------

I'd suggest points 2 and 3 (freeware airports) might provide some possible clues for you. Reading that entire thread might also be helpful as it provides other suggestions and useful information.

You tried removing Traffic 360 and the problem vanished. Fair enough. But, based on that thread, perhaps you should consider leaving Traffic 360 on and instead disable or remove FTX England Scotland and Wales and then re-test, or disable or remove any other airports that you may have added in that area (and, yes, even the ones that are well clear of Heathrow). Or, as also mentioned in that thread, try changing the Scenery Library order in your Sim. See if you can narrow the problem down (or even resolve it) that way ...

A Google search on FSX ai_player.dll crashes will also yield many hits. If the above is not successful, you might find some other suggestions from doing that ...

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 4:59pm
Without Traffic 360 loaded, can you do whatever flights you want without getting a CTD? I assume you can see the default FSX AI at this time which would mean that AI is being handled correctly.

Load Traffic 360, don't make ANY changes and use the default 'ai-traffic.bgl - do you get any CTD problems at this stage?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Nigelnhj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 10:32am
Hi Freddy and Ray, firstly sorry for the delay in replying to your responses but I do not have internet at home and therefore have to rely on my local library couple of days a week to access the internet.

Ray, I did as you suggested and just loaded up the default ai_traffic.  Flew from Heathrow 09L to Brookmans Park then turned onto the Daventry VOR, at approximately 26 DME I did not get the usual CTD but instead the FSX froze solid!!  The only way I could get out was to Cntrl+Alt+Delete.

Freddy, took the unbelievable option of uninstalling FSX completely as had a number of add-ons apart from My TrafficX and it would take an immense amount of time having to re-fly the route time and time again after uninstalling individual add-ons to find the cause.

Reinstalled FSX along with ORBX then did the same flight again without any CTD so far so good.  Keeping my fingers crossed that this has now been fixed, not going to re-install the add-ons that I had before and hope that I have now seen the end of the CDT's.

Very many thanks for your help.

Regards
Nigel.
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2016 at 3:35pm
Nigel,
looks like you had some sort of Scenery glitch which the re-install has eliminated.
Hope you stay free from CTD's and freezes from now on.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2016 at 12:18am
I concur with Ray.  Sounds like a scenery glitch that the reinstallation has resolved.  I too hope that you stay free from CTDs.

Smile
Nigelnhj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2016 at 1:07pm
Hi Ray and Freddy, after 2 days intense flying from Heathrow using the SID I use (listed in my previous posts) to Birmingham and Manchester I can say thankfully there have been no more CTD's.Smile

Just going to use what I have presently (Orbx) without adding the extra sceneries I had as one of them no doubt had caused the crashes.

So many thanks once again for your advices.

Kind regards
Nigel.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 1:16am
That's good news.

Of course, if you are at all curious, you could add those extra sceneries in, one by one, and do some flying each time ...

... if there's no CTDs, then you're all good. But, if you begin to get the CTDs again, then you will know the issue will be with the last scenery you just added (which you can then, hopefully, just uninstall).

But, then again, that's up to you. If you're happy with things as they are right now, and it "aint broke" ... well, I'm sure you know the saying ...

Nigelnhj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2016 at 10:12am
Hi Freddy,  although tempted I don't think I will push my luck.

Hoping to get internet connection at home around September or October then will be able to go for something like UK2000 Scenery such as Birmingham, East Midlands etc.

Again many thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Nigel. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic