This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MD 81/82 Jetliner ILS Approach

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Flightmaster2015 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MD 81/82 Jetliner ILS Approach
    Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 9:36am
I agree :)
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:14pm
You're welcome. The MD 81-2 is one of, if not the best in the F-Lite range.
Must Fly!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2016 at 7:25pm
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:55pm
Correct except you need to be BELOW the glideslope level before engaging ILS. This applies to all aircraft.
Must Fly!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:01pm
Ok thanks :) I have to engage the VOR LOC to intercept the localizer,then,when im aligned with the runway and above the glideslope level i'll engage the ILS :)
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 6:31pm
Yes it is the ILS button, as long as you are below the glideslope altitude. The default FSX ATC is not always reliable especially on approaches. 
Must Fly!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by hifly hifly wrote:

It's been a while since I flew the MD81, I'll check this evening and get back to you.

hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 5:04pm
It's been a while since I flew the MD81, I'll check this evening and get back to you.
Must Fly!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2016 at 9:07am
With ILS button?
hifly View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hifly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 6:44pm
IIRC  you need to engage the Approach APP  mode. 
Must Fly!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flightmaster2015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2016 at 12:34am
Hi to all
I have a problem regarding the ILS approach with the great MD 81/82 Jetliner (and his little brother MD87 as well)
During an ILS approach the plane don't descent after the glideslope intercept
These are the procedures I follow (as the tutorial flight) prior to landing
-Tuning the localizer freq and course for the runway i have to land
-Descending to the localizer intercept altitude (as ATC instructions)
-At the localizer altitude I select the VOR LOC mode in the autopilot: the plane lines up to the runway but don't follow the glideslope and then don't descent
What I miss?
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic