This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hard Lesson

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick James Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hard Lesson
    Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 7:07pm
I took some time for myself yesterday to fly a couple of deliveries in  the Pacific Northwest with Skookumchuck Air. Just a short hop with a paying return trip to home base. 

Although it was less than 400 miles, I decided to 4X the time compression and watch the scenery fly past. At 20 miles out I started a slow decent from 15,000 feet in preparation for entering the landing pattern. All lined up on final, 5 miles out at 2,500 ft and at 100 knots, moderate cross wind from the port side but something is not right. It seemed like there was a wicked tail wind combined with a downdraft as the runway was approaching way too fast. Full flaps deployed and chopped the throttle at the threshold and she slammed down hard on the runway and FSX crashed in sympathetic unison. 

It was only then that I realized I had forgotten to disable time compression.
If you can't fly it, sail it or race it...what's the point?
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2016 at 8:28pm
I've accidentally landed at x2 compression but x4 would be hard to do.

I've done a similar thing with the Airbus, gear down is supposed to to turn off FBW autotrim for landing but doesn't in the sim. So slamming down at 1000fpm had me totally confused until I realised what happened

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic