This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Zulu Time?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pressler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zulu Time?
    Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 7:55pm
I am trying to add flights for some PAX routes.  When I try to add a flight for today, it tells me I have to select a future time.  Maybe I don't understand the ZULU time.  I thought Zulu time was a four hour offset, but that logic doesn't seem to be right.

Thanks for the help.
Robert
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 8:26pm
See:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coordinated_Universal_Time

"Zulu" time is the same as UTC time.  i.e. the time (not counting daylight savings) at 0 degrees longitude (which passes through Greenwich in the UK)
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
pressler View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pressler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 9:39pm
Thanks again Slopey!  I still do not understand why the offset is 24 hrs.  If I schedule a Sector or flight for today, I must sshedule -24 hours, so today is Thursday and I want to schedule the flight for 4:45 PM EST (1645) Departure then I must choose Wednesday, 4:45 (1645).  Is this correct?  My apologies, I am not a real world pilot, so there are probably some logistical things I have to learn.

Thanks
Robert
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2016 at 10:51pm
It's to prevent people scheduling routes, which are immeadiately flown, then deleting them.  That's not the idea behind the schedule system.

In reality, pax wouldn't book tickets for a flight which didn't exist 10 minutes ago, and that would be a way to game the system and generate lots of cash.

Ad-hoc pax jobs *do* let you do that, but you have to fly them, so there's a limit to how lucrative you can make that.   But those limits don't apply if you could schedule a job to depart in 10 mins, wait for it to fly then immediately delete the route, and schedule another one.

The 24 hour delay prevents this, and also enforces the pilots duty hours (which justifying it with the above ticket sales reason).
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic