This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"MS Visual C++ Runtime Library" after install?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catspaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "MS Visual C++ Runtime Library" after install?
    Posted: 21 May 2016 at 2:57am
Hi Folks,
After a smooth installation process, an error box, “MS Visual C++ Runtime Library”, opened.
I wanted to include the screenshot or jpg pic but from what I understand in the Forum FAQ, my browser -Google Chrome- isn't one that's supported for that.

(I'll try to find a moment to type in exactly what it says but I can't do that right now).

It opened about 5 seconds after I permitted the last of the GR1 instruments/systems to install. I decided to try clicking the “Retry” button and when I did, the entire FSX sim crashed.

I went ahead and restarted/reopened the Sim and selected the Same GR1 livery. I went all the way through a free-flight setup and opened on the tarmac without any problems. 

However, I wasn’t sure I should ignore what had happened in the initial opening after that installation so I removed and reinstalled the GR-1. It went as smoothly as the first time.

The installation went well and was identical to the first. After I selected a GR1, (different the GR1 livery this time), I went through the instrument install permissions again and as before, the “MS Visual C++ Runtime Library” box opened about 5 seconds after that.

This time I selected the “Ignore” option instead of the “Retry” as I did the first time. As soon as I did, FSX crashed just as it did before. 

I then restarted the sim and flew the GR1 over some high-resolution add-on scenery for at least an hour without any issues that I could detect.

These are the settings in the JF Tornado Configuration panel that I have enabled:
4096 resolution setting in the Tornado’s Configuration options.

All the VC Gauges are selected and enabled.
The “Complete Cockpit” selection is enabled.
The Engine Smoke and Terrain Reading options are enabled.
The “HUD Refresh Rate” slider:  I changed to “refresh rate 1”, (default is 0).
All other GR-1 “Refresh Rate” sliders I left in their default position.

(I always run FSX Graphics at 4096 resolution and the Terrain LOD at 6.00000, if that has any bearing on things). 

At this point, I can’t say I’m missing any functions or panels. So has anyone else experienced this to any degree?
Thanks,
Rich
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
MSFS Premium for PC
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFD Panels
For Yoke Aircraft: Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo Yoke & Throttle
Crosswinds Pedals
Saitek Switch & Multi Panels
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 9:30am
Hi Rich,

If you haven't already done so, please contact our support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Catspaw View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catspaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2016 at 5:54pm
Yes, Thanks Martyn. I plan to do that on Monday. They're closed right now.
Rich
Windows 10 Pro 64bit
MSFS Premium for PC
Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFD Panels
For Yoke Aircraft: Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo Yoke & Throttle
Crosswinds Pedals
Saitek Switch & Multi Panels
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic