This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No airport support vehicles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No airport support vehicles
    Posted: 13 May 2016 at 8:16pm
Confused  I am a little confused, nothing new.  After having had to reinstall Traffic 360 because of a computer problem ,  I have not been able to find any of the airport support vehicles in FSX.  Are these support vehicles supposed to be in the airport facilities section?  If not, where should they be located?

I have found some in the JFTraffic360 and ground vehicles section of sim objects in FSX, but the default vehicles continue to show up.  Also they are located in FSX scenery global scenery and texture sections.  Help!

Mr.BB 
MrBB
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 10:43am
I'm not sure what you are asking here. If you are talking about the Follow Me Car and the Pushback Truck, these are located in the FSX "Select Aircraft" screen. If you can't see them, try placing a tick in the "Show all variations" check box.
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 3:00pm
  Freddy,           I am trying to locate the pushback truck and other support vehicles in and around the airports.  The default vehicles are the only ones that show.  I have the JFSpotty , pushback truck, and the follow me trucks  in "select aircraft" screen and I can use them in FSX.  I didn't have this problem on the first install of JFTraffic 360, only on the reinstall is where a I got a no-show of the support vehicles at the airports. 
                      I hope this simplifies my questions,
                                          Mr.BB
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 9:19am
Have you checked your "FSX.cfg" file lately?
There is a section - [Main] - where FSX is told where to go to get the 'SimObjects' information. This is my example - (note that I am still a TrafficX user - you should have a line pointing to Traffic 360).

[Main]
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\TrafficX

If no line points to the Traffic 360 'Simobjects' then add it using Notepad and see if that makes any difference.

Edit - I have sometimes found that the install program does not always successfully add the necessary line to fsx.cfg.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 7:13pm
               Ray,
                  Confused    I have got to be dummer than a doornail, I cannot find the FSX.cfg file inside of FSX program.  I have checked everything.  I am running Windows 7 and it loaded FSX different from XP.  I understand where you are going with the possible solution, but the Flight God has decided to have some fun with me.  I'll keep looking and thanks,

Mr.BB
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2016 at 11:07pm
BB

"C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX"

is the normal location for FSX.cfg.

(Replace [user] with your login username)
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 4:05pm
Ray,
               I found the FSX.cfg file and corrected the missing entry as you pointed out.  I still have the default vehicles in the airports even after rebooting the computer.  I see the Traffic 360 airport facilities listed as priority No. 1 in the addon scenery section, yet it is not in the addon Scenery  folder in FSX.  Is this normal?  Still trying to figure this thing out and thanks for your help.

Mr.BB
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2016 at 5:01pm
MrBB

from this point onwards I would remind you that although I have Traffic 360, I have NOT installed it so I cannot advise what should be showing in your FSX.
Exactly what entry did you add to fsx.cfg? Something like "SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\JFTraffic360"?

From what I can see from the Traffic 360 files, 16 additional 'vehicles' get added to \SimObjects\GroundVehicles. All begin with JFTraffic.....
I assume these are objects that FSX can make appear in and around airports in a similar way to the FSX default vehicles. Is it these additional vehicles that you are not seeing? The only user-driveable vehicles that Traffic 360 adds are the standard JF "FollowMe" and "PushBack" vehicles.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 12:09am
Like Ray, I do not have Traffic 360 installed (I don't own it).  I have Traffic X.

With Traffic X installed, I get the Follow Me Car and Pushback Truck in the FSX "Select Aircraft" screen, and I can choose those and use them in FSX.  However, the Follow Me Car and the Pushback Truck do not appear at my airports as "extra" AI-type support vehicles that I see moving around the airport.  I only see the normal, default FSX support vehicles such as fuel trucks and baggage trucks.

Not owning Traffic 360, I cannot comment with any certainty about whether or not Traffic 360 is supposed to add the Follow Me Car, the Pushback Truck, and other additional vehicles to your airports as "extra" AI-type support vehicles.  However, having said that, I see from your post above that you didn't have the problem on the first install of Traffic 360, only after a reinstall, where you got a no-show of the support vehicles at the airports.  So that indicates to me that, unlike Traffic X, Traffic 360 does add "extra" AI-type support vehicles to airports.

So, if that's indeed the case, then I suggest you check the following ...

a) your FSX settings to make sure you have ADVANCED ANIMATIONS turned on,

b) your Vehicle Percentage Slider in FSX to make sure it is greater than, say, 10% (ie, it is not zero),

c) that the airport where you are looking does have default FSX support vehicles showing up and working (ie, this airport does have gate and ramp parking spots of sufficient size and also has vehicle parking positions for the vehicles to use),

d) that you do have the SimObjectPaths.x=SimObjects\GroundVehicles entry in your FSX.cfg file (where x is a sequential number based on the other entries in this section of the file),

e) and, finally, that there are actually sub-folders in that SimObjects\GroundVehicles folder, and those sub-folders do contain files.

MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:02am
Ray, Freddy,
                  When I first installed Traffic 360 all the default airport vehicles were replaced by the ones located in Traffic 360 including the pushback truck.  Both the pushback and the follow me car are in select aircraft screen and are usable in FSX.  All the setting you both suggested are working as per "A through D" listed above in your message.  Only after a reinstall of Traffic 360 did these 16 additional vehicles not appear in FSX airports.  Maybe its their way of checking up on us?

Trudging along Mr.BB
MrBB
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 1:08am
Well then, if everything seemingly does check out as good and correct, then I think you might be at the point where you need to open a SUPPORT TICKET with Just Flight.  Smile

Just Flight Customer Service: http://www.justflight.com/support
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2016 at 9:41am
MrBB

just re-read your original post and I would just add that the additional GroundVehicles are just that - additional to the default FSX ones. so you will continue to see the original ones plus, hopefully some of the new JF ones. Using TrafficX, I do not see that many 'apron vehicles' (but enough for me) so with Traffic 360 it might be difficult to 'spot' any of the extra vehicles.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 1:19pm
And a final thought from me ...

... I didn't mention in any of my posts that you should also check the "Airport Traffic Density" setting in the FSX Traffic Settings tab. I wonder if yours might be set too low to see the "extra" AI-type support vehicles? For the default FSX vehicles to appear, this setting should be on, at least, medium or higher.

MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 2:49pm
Guys,
            One item no one has answered, in the addon scenery section of FSX, Traffis 360 Airport Facilities has the number one priority, and in that folder is a scenery folder that is empty.  Does Traffic X have something similar in the addon section, and if so is there a scenery folder, and is there supposed to be anything in it?
                                  Mr.BB
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2016 at 5:58pm
MrBB

that folder should contain loads of 'airport' bgl files that JF have modified to improve (?) on the default FSX ones.

There should be 1395 files in here -

\Just Flight\Traffic 360\ Airport Facilities\Scenery\

AF2_JXXX.bgl - 30 items
AFX_XXXX.bgl - 1142 items and
cvxXXXX.bgl - 223 items.

Where have all these gone?

If you have any other addon sceneries that you have either bought, downloaded or created yourself, then make sure these have a HIGHER priority than the T360 Airport Facilities. The default folder 'Addon Scenery' should also be higher than this one.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic