This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Update 2016 - Traffic 360?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Update 2016 - Traffic 360?
    Posted: 04 May 2016 at 10:23pm
I have the T360 for more than two years and never had any update. Several similar programs have already made a number of updates, but do not see the T360 be updated. My question is if there is a forecast of any update?
I'm from Brazil and today we only have a few companies here.
I confess that some friends have encouraged me to buy another program, saying that this program will not evolve.
It is a better program than the "My Traffic" but has no Update ??
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 3:19am
Ricardo,

This is not the first time this question has been asked.  See my response in the following thread here:

Ricardo Name View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 1:32pm
So .... Freddy.
You wrote in July 2015!
And I tell you more ... this is not an answer.
I do not know if you are a responsible for the site or another customer unhappy, but since then ..... nothing!
I find it disrespectful to the people who bought the program. At least say "we will not have continuity of this program."
It would be more honest.
Then I'll look for another program, such as "My Traffic", for example. You can not have aircraft with good textures, but is always being updated.
It's really sad. Such a good program and is not taken seriously.
I appreciate everyone's attention and good luck to the site.
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:09pm
Patience, patience. Updating usually done annually unless serious problem.
johnep
johnep
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 2:13pm
Traffic 360 should have some continuity. We are currently considering either a new version, or at least bringing it up to date with new liveries and models. More as and when we have it. 
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:04pm
Johnep, you stated that the updates acontencem annually. When this happened? I bought in 2013 and to date we have never had an update?
I believe you are not standing still, but we have neither a prediction.

Rich, there are 3 years without any updates. I confess that for like a lot of you program I am writing because I know many who have given up and not even warned. I think you have the right to know why some are choosing other programs and giving up the T360.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:40am
Originally posted by Ricardo Name Ricardo Name wrote:

So .... Freddy.  You wrote in July 2015! And I tell you more ... this is not an answer. I do not know if you are a responsible for the site or another customer unhappy, but since then ..... nothing!

Ricardo,

No, I am not the person responsible.  I am merely a Traffic X owner and user (I don't own/use Traffic 360).  And someone who happens to take a bit of interest in the forums.  My response to your question (and that 2015 question) came purely from observation and the experience of owning Traffic X for so long and not seeing any periodic updates for it from Just Flight.

I see that Rich has responded and mentions that
Traffic 360 should have some continuity and they (Just Flight) are apparently currently considering either a new version, or at least bringing it up to date with new liveries and models.

If that is indeed the case, then that is great news for Traffic 360 users or people just starting out in the sim's AI world. However, that said, I personally don't think this "announcement" is anything to get too excited about.  Time has shown (and confirmed) that Traffic 360 was hardly an update to Traffic X.  Not to mention this "announcement" comes some FOUR years after Traffic 360 was first released.  So if history is anything to go by....  Still, we will see what transpires in time.

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 2:04pm
Freddy, thank you for your attention and response.
I understand your comment.
I feel sad for the situation as it is a good program and clearly no interest in continuity.
Let's wait. But I do not believe in any response. Sad.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 12:23am
Yep. Agree. Both Traffic X and Traffic 360 are good programs, even if they do have a few annoyances and niggles here and there. And, despite those annoyances and niggles, my sim experience has benefited greatly from owning Traffic X. The program provides the tools needed to make all the required modifications and updates to flight plans, schedules, airlines, and liveries. And thanks to those tools, I have managed to keep things fairly well up to date by putting in literally hundreds upon hundreds of hours of work. Work which still continues even today.* Having said that, my AI world is far from perfect, and it would have been nice to receive a little "help along the way" with regular updates from Just Flight ... but that just never eventuated. A shame, because there's simply so much potential in both of these programs. Still, the post from Rich is encouraging in its own way, and time will tell what the future might hold ...

(*A pet moan of mine is that all of the hours of work I put in with Traffic X cannot be imported in to Traffic 360, which is the reason I don't use/own Traffic 360.)

PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 1:27am
Is 2016/17 update / new version never coming? I still use this addon, repainted some planes self but its in big need of a major update!
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2016 at 11:23pm
Hehe, as per my post above on 7th May, I am still using Traffic X! I've done over 60 repaints (mostly for Australian and New Zealand aircraft) and added downloaded models (the B787 for example) to keep my skies as up to date as I can ...

As I said above, it's a shame Just Flight don't provide regular tweaks (bug fixes and enhancements) along with airport, repaint and schedule updates (along with a way for folks to import and keep all of their own personal work). Or, at the very least, a web page for users to upload and share their work. There's so much potential here. Leaving it dormant like this simply dumbfounds me.

Rich made that post above (announcement) back in May, but there's been nothing else since. No confirmation or subsequent (follow up) announcement(s) anywhere. Not even a hint.

Still, they may surprise us yet!

Side note: If they're not going to do it ... then perhaps they can consider a "developer version" with an appropriate licence? Make the code available as open-source. I think the true potential of the product could then be realised. The product is old enough now and they've made their profits from it ... so perhaps that would be an option they could think about? Hmmm.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 10:30am
Freddy,
a very eloquent plea.

As you know, I am in a similar position to you with regards Traffic X / Traffic 360. We are both, along with, I am sure, many others, who have tweaked either their Traffic X or Traffic 360 substantially in order to put it into a better state than as was initially introduced. If any sort of new version was to be brought forward by JF (or whoever), I would hope that it would be capable of assimilating existing user data so that all of our efforts had not gone to waste - or am I expecting too much? [Message to Just Flight].

Personally, I have spent (and am continuing to do so) many hours tampering with the supplied Airline and VFR schedules to both eliminate 'silly' appearances of airlines in strange places and some planes managing to 'fly' several times their normal flight range. Not important in the overall scale of things but I just think more care could have been applied in the first place. But we all know that FlightSim programs are put out into the market well before they have been properly evaluated and tested - and, unfortunately, it is still happening.

Your final comment - have you managed to 'get your tongue out of your cheek' yet?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 3:17pm
Well, dont seems very positive with several aircraft in development, and not a sound about traffic 360/x... maybe it comes a traffic 2020....
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2016 at 11:08pm
"Traffic 2020" ... I love it.

In response to Ray ... perhaps this (as yet fictional) "Traffic 2020" can bring all of the things we have spoken about and wished for.

As for "tongue in cheek" ... yes, it was a little bit of that, but, also a bit serious at the same time. I work with some programmers that, if they were in to Flight Simming and understood its ins-and-outs, could make very light work of both of these products in a short space of time ...

Yes, bad beta testing is still happening. It's a shame. The world has become too fast, and people too demanding (I want it NOW) ... not to mention the influence of bean counters ... resulting in ill-timed releases of buggy programs and products. Some companies do get it right (see PMDG and Flight Sim Labs for excellent examples), but the majority of others do not.
PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 1:47am
But still, they should at least be capable to do an update with removed old planes/liveries, and add liveries of actual time. Its not even a big task compared with develop brand new airplane add ons!
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 10:42am
We need to be careful about what we ask for here.

Unfortunately, there are several differences between Traffic X and Traffic 360 in the way the aircraft and the schedules are arranged. An update for one would not suit the other.

In my case (Traffic X), for example, I have done loads of tweaking of the schedules. Each individual flight schedule gets 'mapped' to a particular aircraft by using it's "title=xxxxxx" name from an 'aircraft.cfg' file.
It would take a lot of work to 're-map' these so I don't envy anybody who attempts to bring in any Update that would satisfy all users.

I was tempted to use some of the Traffic 360 aircraft (I purchased the T360 Upgrade package when it first came out) but it would have involved a lot of work. I couldn't use my modified TX schedules in T360 because that would also have meant a lot of work as well. I wish JF hadn't changed the format between TX and T360 without consulting users.

If JF do consider any updates, perhaps they could ask existing users what sort of things they would require if they wanted to consider purchasing an upgrade?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2016 at 7:46pm
Hello Ray.
I appreciate your interest in my post, but I do not believe much in an improvement program. You see, a while ago they had posted that the program has its limitations and would not give to make an upgrade.
How can this occur if some people are doing here at home, to try to improve the program?
I believe that they do not want to do.
It's a shame, not a line of consideration with the program buyers.
Shame.
Quaves View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quaves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2016 at 4:09am
Very unhappy with Traffic 360. I've had it a year and it never updates. The program runs on schedules and liveries from 2011 and 2012. Whenever I've tried to tweak and modify the schedules they take no effect. AI Aircraft regularly landing and taking off with service and cargo doors open. Traffic 360 has been a waist of my money because I'm going to have to purchase something better. Angry
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ricardo Name Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2017 at 6:17pm
You know what's worse?
They keep selling the program.
Can not send a suggestion to the sales sites, to stop selling an outdated and bugged program?
They forgot about us.
I miss Skai Traffic. He was a pirate, but he was better.
PTPhreak View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PTPhreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2017 at 1:29am
They should at least update liveries and traffic schedule file, how difficult can it be for such company. I did updated some self but this is payware...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic