This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wrong altitude on requeist !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _CaptKirk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wrong altitude on requeist !
    Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 10:09pm

Hi..I'm new here and first i want to inform all of you that i have some problem to exprimate myself in english, but a hardly try....

I'M from Montréal QUebec, and i have CArgo pilot since three weeks...
My problem is this one....
When a ask for increase or decrease my altitude to fly lower or higher than my allowed altitude, i must click on 5  if a want to go to 5,000 ou 8 if a want to go to 8,000 ect ect...

But if a click on 5 ...... instead of 5,000.....maybe i'have got ...10,000 and if i want to erase to a other , by exemple, i clic again 5 for passing to 5,000 but this time the dispatcher inform me that he autorize me to go to 4,000 instead of the 5,000 that i  have asking.....
Very weard.....
It,s take lot of time to found wright "false" altitude to go where a want.....
Example....after 4 or 5 attempts a finaly found my 8,000 but after cliking requiest on 4.000,5,000 or 6,000.....
CAn you explain that.....
Maybe a byg in my simu or something else with FS2004 ???
TKS....
Guy
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 11:16pm
Hi,
Not exactly sure I have understood the query correctly.

In FS2004 if you want to request a level change when you have created a flightplan you ask ATC if you want to increase by 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, 10,000 etc etc. So if you are at 20,000ft and you want to get to 30ft you need to request an incrase in flight level by 10,000ft. So you need to select the number on the keyboard next to the number of feet you want to increase or decrease your altitude by (from the ATC screen).
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
_CaptKirk_ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _CaptKirk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 3:16pm
Tks form your answer.....Thumbs%20Up
In fact it's exactly what i did but, if a click to get 5,000 on the corresponding number on my keyboard.....
the ATC said to me that ok for my new level  at ......10,000 or 12,000 or 8,000 instad of the one i calling (5,000) .....So i must do,  lot of try to found witch level correspond really ON THE GAME at what i want.....
Maybe my game  is on US fts  instead of metric fts....DOnt know why the levels not corresponding with my keybord when i'm flying....
Is it most clear like that.....?

Sorry again for my english  my friend.    And TKS again..........Embarrassed
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 3:26pm
The altitude you are selcecting when you press a button is for an increase by 5,000 or increase by 6,000 feet. So if you are at 20,000 ft and ask for an increase by 5,000 ft it will take you to 25,000ft (20,000 + 5,000=25,000)
I hope you understand that?
Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _CaptKirk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2008 at 11:42pm
It very clear indeed ....  like crystal.....Big TKS....I dont know  why i dont tinking about this before....
It 's elementary  dear Watson....
Tanks again.....
benelong View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benelong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 6:28am
When you request a change in altitude ATC will only change the final altitude that is in your Flight Plan.  So if your flight plan said 20,000 ft and you request an increase of 5,000 ft then ATC will clear you to 25,000 ft.  They do not change the altitudes in the step climb.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _CaptKirk_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 1:34pm
OK...I understand clearly now....Tanks all....
Thumbs%20Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic