This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Multiple AI Planes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Multiple AI Planes
    Posted: 02 May 2016 at 8:10pm
       Anyone know why there can be two ai planes in the same area at the same time.  I have seen something on it, but have been unable to find what causes this problem.  A little help would sure go a long way. 
      Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions,
                                          Mr.BB 
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 10:51pm
A bit more information regarding your 'problem' would be helpful.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:29am
Ray,
           In FSX during a flight I have noticed two AI's flying next to one another.  It happens quite frequently and does not usually occur to one particular airline or type of aircraft.  It looks like the two aircraft are sharing the same air route.  ATC also will call instructions to each aircraft as a separate aircraft back to back, thus two different ATC calls for the exact same thing, altitude, direction change, and etc.
         I hope this better explains my problem,

Mr.BB 
MrBB
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 3:00am
You are 100% correct ... the two aircraft are likely to be sharing the same air route, usually departing FROM the same airport and both going TO the same arrival airport.  Often, they are scheduled to depart at the exact same time (or near enough to).  Most times this will be two different airlines, meaning that their schedules just happen to match by pure coincidence.

This can also happen if there is an airport in the middle between two other airports, in a straight line, and a plane that's already in the air from the first airport is "intercepted" by a plane that has taken off from the middle airport and both just happen to be going to the same destination airport.  It's just a quirky fate of the scheduling that causes this one.

Another possible cause of this is when you have TWO or more AI .bgl files loading.  If both of these AI .bgls are due to your editing the AI schedules in the Traffic Controlcentre, and then innocently saving and compiling your work with different filenames ... then you will end up with the SAME SCHEDULES, compiled in to TWO (or more) .bgl files ... EACH of which will load in to the sim.  This would therefore, create DUPLICATED AI aircraft.

The way to fix this is to use appropriate tools to locate details of one of the AI aircraft and then adjust its schedules (or, if you choose, delete it).  The FSX SDK Traffic Explorer provides a great list of all the AI aircraft both on the ground, and flying, and can give you details about the airline, flight number, scheduled times, and departure and arrival airports.  This makes it very easy to find the aircraft in the Traffic X or Traffic 360 schedules and do your edits (or deletions) accordingly.  Remember, any time you edit/adjust schedules, or do deletions, you must recompile the AI .bgl file (whilst noting paragraph 3 above, of course).  Or, if your issue is occurring because you happen to have two (or more) AI .bgl files containing the same schedules, simply remove one (or more) of them out of the folder.  That said, if you do feel you need to make and save more than one AI .bgl file to suit your style of editing requirements, then you just need to take extreme care to ensure that each of your files does not contain the same flight schedules as any of the others.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 2:35pm
As I see it, the 'problem' can be the result of various situations.
Are the 'pairs' of aircraft two different aircraft or two instances of the 'same' aircraft/flight?
If the former, then Freddy's explanation of co-incidence will be correct (see my final comment below) but if the latter, then the problem is harder to sort out. The FSX SDK Traffic Explorer can be used to assist. If you identify the two aircraft (reg no./flt no./type etc) then go into Traffic Explorer, right-click in the column-headings row and make sure that "File Path" is selected. You now see the name of the BGL file that contains each particular flight that is showing in Traffic Explorer.
Are the 2 aircraft in the same BGL?
Is this BGL the original file "ai-traffic.bgl" (102,328Kb / 17.03.2013) that was installed with Traffic 360?
If so, this will be a problem introduced by JF. If there are 2 BGL's, then you will have created one or more BGL's which may be the cause of duplicated aircraft.

As I am not an actual user of Traffic 360 it may not be possible to pin down where this sort of problem can occur but I offer a possible suggestion.

Note that, in T360, when you COMPILE a new AI BGL file, you are offered a selection of headings as follows -
Summer Schedule 2007
Summer Schedule 2011
Winter Schedule 2011
Spring Schedule 2012
Summer Schedule 2012
Winter Schedule 2013
Military Flights 2012
VFR Traffic
User Schedule

Each of the first 6 contain various amounts of airline schedules - what I don't know is whether any of them contain any flights that are also listed in any of the others. If they do I can see a problem coming. I believe the default AI BGL results from 2 of the airline schedules plus the last 3 schedules - I have 'lost' my records on this so I cannot remember which 2 airline files were used.

As a Traffic X user for a long time, I rarely see this phenomenon except when I have forgotten to delete an earlier AI BGL file after creating a new one.
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 5:50pm
Ray, Freddy,
        I believe I have found  my problem, in the addon scenery section I found two addon  pluspax X civil and military programs occupying the first and second position.  Lord knows how this happened, but it seems to be okay for now.  Again thanks for your help.

Mr.BB
MrBB
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 3:47am
We provide some feedback, scenarios and clues.  You investigate.  You find the answer.

Good stuff!

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic