This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Runtime Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Runtime Error
    Posted: 01 May 2016 at 4:14am
Greetings,

I just sent an email to JF support, but in the interest of possibly getting help sooner, I'll post here as well.

I purchased the GR1 on the 28th (so I have SP4), as well as Repaint Pack 1.
Upon trying to load the Tornado in FSX Acceleration, I receive the following error:

(Screenshot)
http://imgur.com/Qk7WdKM

I'm wondering if there is a way to resolve this issue. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the product (with full permissions) a couple times. This error freezes the simulator and I have to do a forced quit (through the task manager process list) in order to exit the program.

Further info:

FSX Acceleration
i5-2500k @4.8Ghz
Nvidia GTX 970
16GB RAM
Win 7 Professional (64-bit)

Tornado Config settings on default (per manual).
Order number can be posted upon request.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 5:26pm
The error has been fixed in SP 4.1 which can be downloaded from the support page: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/d4bc508
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2016 at 8:24pm
SP4? When did that release?
HotelZulu
SeanTK View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanTK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:29am
Originally posted by HOTZONER HOTZONER wrote:

SP4? When did that release?

According to JF's support page for the product, SP4 was released on: 27/04/2016

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2016 at 12:07pm
Hi Sean,

We are currently looking into the error and our support team contact you shortly. Disabling the radar in the config tool should allow you to continue using the Tornado for now.

SP4 was released last week but we are still updating the demo etc so it's not been properly announced yet.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 7:25pm
Same error here running P3dv3.2. Windows 10-64bit.

The config tool can't disable that gauge BTW...
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2016 at 8:47pm
Hi Dave,

Sorry my mistake. You can disable the gauge by commenting out the gauge entry in the relevant VCockpit section of the panel.cfg. 

If you haven't already done so then please contact the support team as we have supplied a possible fix to the people that have reported this error.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 5:26pm
The error has been fixed in SP 4.1 which can be downloaded from the support page: http://www.justflight.com/support/tornado-gr1/d4bc508
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 6:09pm
Nope, error is still there with SP4.1.

Raising a ticket now.
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:27pm
Updated info. Seems the crash only occurs if TacPack is enabled.
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2016 at 7:35pm
Update 2. Cancel that, it does still crash, but not straight away.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 8:11am
Hi Dave,

Our support team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks
Martyn
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
wseben View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wseben Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2016 at 10:49pm
yep same problem here Prepar3D V 3.2      error is still there with SP4.1
head up display turns black black square,  erro massage   Microsoft Visual C++  problem

WJseben
DaveG View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2016 at 9:23am
JF support sent me a replacement gauge to try which has fixed the issue here.
Put in a support ticket, if you haven't already, and they'll sort you out.Smile
fsafranek View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fsafranek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 12:40am
I'm getting the same error following install of SP 4.1.  It occurs when the aircraft is the first one loaded.  If I load something else and then select the Tornado I am able to takeoff and fly for a little while before I get the error.  I'm running FSX-SE on Win 8.1.   I have TacPack but it is not running with FSX-SE.  I do have it running with my boxed FSX on the same machine.  

Usually the installer uninstalls the product first but this time it did not.  Should I manually uninstall and then re-install?

I put in a support ticket.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 8:13am
Hi Frank,

The support team will be able to send you the fix for the gauge error. The product and demo installers will also be getting updated shortly to address the issue.

The support team will also be able to advise you on the best option for uninstalling and reinstalling the product.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 3:38pm
I'm confused (nothing new there!).

I've just gone to my download page and only see JF_TornadoGR1_SP4a_Installer.exe. No mention of 4.1 <??>.

This is the exact same version I also get the runtime error with. I don't (never have had) TACPAC.

P3Dv3.2. I manually uninstalled the previous version before installing the new.

Adam.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 3:56pm
Hi Adam,

Apologies for the confusion. The SP4a installer provides you with v4.1 of the software.

The installer will be updated very shortly to address the runtime error but you can obtain a fix from the support team in the meantime. 

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2016 at 4:32pm
Thanks, Martyn! I thought I was going blind/bonkers! LOL!

Adam.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic