This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Combining Traffic 360 Mil addon & ultimate traffic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Combining Traffic 360 Mil addon & ultimate traffic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Combining Traffic 360 Mil addon & ultimate traffic
    Posted: 23 Apr 2016 at 2:27am
Crazy idea for MrBB ... a bit tongue-in-cheek ... Why not try to find yourself a copy of Traffic X?

All the airlines and their respective schedules are all in one overall list (not grouped under Summer 2012, Winter 2011, etc) ... and it definitely has FedEx etc at KMEM. Sure, it is old, and has old liveries and defunct airlines ... but if you are willing to put in some work, then it is certainly possible to update it yourself. Although, to be fair, that'd probably amount to a lot of work depending on what your wants and needs are, and considering you'd be starting from scratch. However, having said that, this kind of work can be a lot of fun, and once it's done, it (Traffic X) is a great supporting tool for your AI traffic - albeit with it's few niggles here and there.

So, whilst I'll admit this is kind of a sarcastic suggestion ... it is also one that actually may have some merit. Hmmm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by RayM RayM wrote:

It is interesting that, whenever a T360 query is raised in this forum, there are not many simmers who come to assist with the queries - Freddy and myself seem to be the usual helpers and we don't even use T360! Does this suggest that not many of the T360 users have made much attempt to understand what goes on in the program?

True. I have lots of comments, but this is probably not the place.

MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 8:35pm
RayM,

I am in full agreement with you.  I tried the support  team and got a bunch of "Well its supposed to work in FSX"., and if all the bays are filled then your FedEx will not appear.  I would be happy to see any  thing in the cargo area of KMEM.  The ones that appear(Amerijet and BAX) are scattered around different locales that make no sense. 
      The WOAI sure made it easy for us dummies, and right now I wished I would have kept it.  Even Ultimate Traffic 2 was designed to understand the basics and add your own aircraft, however it had no FedEx and military aircraft.  Live and learn.

MrBB
MrBB
RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2016 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by SimUK SimUK wrote:

Please report this "confusing interface" to our support team via http://www.justflight.com/support-contact letting them know exactly where you are confused, what isn't working properly, and what you think could be improved (if you have any thoughts on that), and that way we'll know for the future and if we ever make another version or issue a patch for the existing one.

I am in the same situation as Freddy on this in that I have been using Traffic X for many years and have made many changes to the original data within this program to suit my requirements.
I bought the so-called "Traffic 360 Update" not long after it appeared but soon realised that it wasn't an UPDATE to the existing program but actually a similar program based upon a lot of the same basic data (albeit a load of the aircraft had been updated with a small selection of new aircraft also).
The way the flight schedules were presented had been un-necessarily changed (in my opinion) which is one of the main areas which meant that this wasn't an UPDATE i.e. existing TX users could not port their data over to the T360 version.
Grouping various schedules together under Summer 2012, Winter 2011, etc seems an strange way to proceed as most simmers would not go to the extent of worrying about differing schedules at different times of the year. As noted in the original query for this topic, some airlines do not appear if the 'wrong' combination of schedules are compiled together.
It is interesting that, whenever a T360 query is raised in this forum, there are not many simmers who come to assist with the queries - Freddy and myself seem to be the usual helpers and we don't even use T360! Does this suggest that not many of the T360 users have made much attempt to understand what goes on in the program?
A long time FSXA and Traffic X user
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2016 at 1:33am
SimUK,

Thanks for your input and interest.  Unfortunately, I don't own Traffic 360 and therefore I can't comment with any authority on it's interface.  As an avid reader of the forums, I am simply stating that users do seem to have a lack of understanding about how the product works, seem unable to easily locate schedules (or even know that they can actually do so), and appear to be not sure about how to add/edit flight plans.  This does suggest that the interface is not intuitive, and the documentation could do with some improvements.

As for suggestions and sending them to http://www.justflight.com/support-contact, I can only offer them for Traffic X (remember, I don't own Traffic 360) and that is now an obsolete product.  That said, the number of suggestions I'd like to offer would be extensive and would take ages for me to write up and explain.  To present those suggestions properly would require flow charts, mocked up screens, a scope of work, and appropriate action plans.  That's a lot of time and work for me, for no gain or remuneration on my part, and which I am afraid couldn't be actioned anyway due to the way the existing product has already been structured (my suggestions would most likely require a complete rewrite and redesign of the entire interface and engine).  Notwithstanding, as I have already touched on, I'd be doing that for an obsolete product.

Please don't take this as a criticism in any way ... I am quite happy with what Traffic X has given me. It has single-handedly improved my Flight Sim experience far beyond what I could have ever imagined.  To this day I still open and run it, making changes etc, almost once a week on average.  It is a great tool, even if I do feel there could be some improvements.  Sure, I could offer plenty of suggestions, but, it works for me as it is right now, and it gets the job done.

With regards to Traffic 360, I can only go by what I read on the forums.  And, as I said above, the forums do suggest that users do have some difficulties with it.  For me, Traffic 360 does not allow me to import and keep the countless hours of work I have put in to Traffic X keeping it up to date. Literally hundreds of hours. With Traffic 360, I would have to start over. So Traffic 360 is therefore not an option for me.  If I was to make any (free) suggestions, that would be my main one ... provide backward compatibility with previous products so that users who have existing work in those products are able to import that work in to the new release and continue on as normal, not only keeping their existing work, but also now enjoying the new features that the new product has to offer.

Smile

SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:58pm
Please report this "confusing interface" to our support team via http://www.justflight.com/support-contact letting them know exactly where you are confused, what isn't working properly, and what you think could be improved (if you have any thoughts on that), and that way we'll know for the future and if we ever make another version or issue a patch for the existing one.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 1:19pm
Ray,

Interesting theory. I have plenty of comments to offer, about both Traffic X and Traffic 360, but the post would be long.

Suffice to say, everything I read about Traffic 360 seems to suggest it has a confusing interface. Whether that came about as the result of an effort to "improve" on what they had done with Traffic X, or whether that's because they attempted to prevent existing Traffic X users from being able to import out of Traffic 360 and back in to Traffic X, who really knows?

A discussion on the above would probably make for an interesting discussion, but I don't want to hijack this thread.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 9:41am
One problem with T360 as I see it (not as a user but I do have the files) is that, in modifying TX to T360, there was a strange alteration to the ways the schedules were compiled.
There are preset schedule 'sets' -
Summer schedule 2007
Summer schedule 2011
Summer schedule 2012
Winter schedule 2011
Summer schedule 2013,
plus some others for Military and GA.
The default AI BGL has been created by 'merging and compiling' the files from 2 or more of these sets (from what I can remember when I first looked at T360).
Since only the first 2 of these 'sets' contains a file fx.tcc (Fed Ex), if the compilation has not used either of these, then you won't 'see' any Fed EX AI aircraft!
Remember also that, unless you have your 'Airline' setting in FSX set to 100%, you will never see all of the schedules that appear in the .tcc schedules because the compiler adds a 'random' % figure to every individual schedule.

I cannot understand why the TX method was messed around with like this - which is one of the reasons I have stuck to TX.
So it may take a bit of playing around with the supplied files and re-compiling a new AI traffic file before you see the airlines you want.

Freddy,
we both know that T360 is basically only a revised version of TX, using most of the old data, but, the changes that were made seem to me to have been made to try and prevent existing TX users from importing any 'new data' from T360 back into TX without actually having to change to T360. I cannot believe that the developers ever asked the users about what 'improvements' would be beneficial.
In my opinion, some of the changes make use of the TCC much more complicated. It took me several years before I got my head around the TX TCC - and, as you know, I still come up with queries. But I always get good responses from this forum (particularly yourself) when I have these queries.
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2016 at 4:35am
Regarding FedEx, UPS, TNT, and DHL etc ...

These carriers all appear in Traffic X.  Whilst I don't have Traffic 360, it is apparent from forum threads etc that Traffic 360 is actually an "updated" version of Traffic X, and therefore uses the same schedules and liveries etc as those found in Traffic X.  With that in mind, FedEx, UPS, TNT and DHL should all appear and be seen in Traffic 360 and thus in your simulator.  If you open the Traffic Control Centre, you should be able to confirm this by searching for and finding the flight plans for these carriers.

I would also suggest you go to Memphis International Airport in the sim (home to the FedEx global hub) and see if you have FedEx planes there.

RayM View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RayM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 10:55pm
I don't have Trafic360 installed but I have the files which include many flight plans for Fed Ex - the file is called fx.tcc - so it is possible to get these to appear.
MrBB View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrBB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2016 at 9:37pm
Is it possible to use Ultimate traffic 2 and the new traffic 360 military addon together in FSX?  Any reason why it cannot be done?

Mr.BB

P.S. I changed over to traffic 360 in hopes of seeing added cargo planes like Fed Ex and UPS, but what I've read so far is not encouraging.  They, (Traffic 360), said there were in the program, however I have not found anything related to those liveries.
MrBB
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic