This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Take Off crash dilemma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felks1949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Take Off crash dilemma
    Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 2:59am
Hi All
I attempted to takeoff from SFO using the CS L1011 but when changing back to cockpit view on the take off I lost my panel display.
Subsequently the aircraft stalled and a catastrophic crash occured.
I selected "end flight" to reset FSX and the aircraft's location was changed to YMAY (Albury NSW Australia) which is my default loading location.
So now I have a 7% serviceable L1011 parked at Albury Australia even though the flight crashed on takeoff at SFO USA.
An ideas on how to atleast reset aircraft location to SFO in Air Hauler.
Thanks
Glenn
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2016 at 9:53am
Always copy your whole AH folder every time you start. Then all you have to do is restore it when things like this happen. I've had weird things happen like when loading, it will give you a 20000 fpm landing when you weren't even flying.

You should have also pressed escape asap. The only way to get the plane back is to get an AI to fly it there.
Felks1949 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Felks1949 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2016 at 2:16am
Thanks for the advice.
Yes backups from now on.
I know what message I will receive once trying to recover the L1011 from Albury after repairs-
The " not long enough runway one".
Might have to just sell the aircraft there , buy another L1011 later and place it back in the USA.
Glenn
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic