This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Air Hauler > Air Hauler 1 General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

editing aircraft runway length requirements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: editing aircraft runway length requirements
    Posted: 09 Mar 2016 at 11:13pm
Hi
Is it possible to edit the aircraft runway length requirements?

I have just installed the Twin Otter just to find out that it has a 1000 meter runway length requirements.

That totally ruins the use of this aircraft which is STOL
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyer10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2016 at 9:49am
It can't be done but I think itwill happen in AH2. It's one of the things I ask for. Its a good way to do it too.

To get round it in AH 1, own several smaller planes and you'll get jobs for shorter runways.
andresico View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 9:32am
Hi, I found a way to "cheat"
Lowering the MTOW  and empty weight in the aircraft.cfg, import the aircraft into AH, edit back the aircraft.cfg to normal. I havent bought the AC yet, I still need a few $ to get there, but it should be within a few days. But now the AC does not have this far out 1000m runway requirement.

It seems like AH puts all AC with more than 10.000 pound MTOW with a minimum of 1000,- m runway.
The twin otter is 12500, so I lowered 2501 pounds and the empty weight the same. That way i should get the same payload in the game.
Real world Twin otters need 1000,- feet runway. Less than a third of what they "need" in AH. Aircraft like the DC3 has the same problem just not as extreme.

Yes, I hope it will be fixed in AH2 as well. Flying Twin Otters in and out of long airports only is unrealistic and boring.
ManaaniWanderer View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaaniWanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2016 at 11:33pm
I hear ya on the Beaver, when I was using that as my main bird out of KSFM I'd often be airborne between the end of 32 and the intersection with 25, even fully loaded.
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2016 at 11:32am
I'll see what I can do in AH2, but unfortunately, there's nothing in the Aircraft.cfg to denote that aircraft are STOL.  No promises, but it is on the list to see if I can work something out for it.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
andresico View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2016 at 4:29pm
Well, Slopey, maybe it could just be a parameter that we add ourself. Like now we have to add fuel consumption and range.

many of the old propliners need a lot less than 1000m (DC2, DC3, Lockheed Electra etc.) and its a shame not to be able to use them the right way. In the real world many of these AC were used for a long time because of being able to take-off and land on short unprepared runways. Runway length requirements may have more to do with wing area (lift) than MTOW.

But at least if you make sure it can be cheated like I wrote above, then its ok. BTW, i now have the Twotter in AH and have done a handfull of flights to short grassfields and it works fine. I will now sell my DC2, "fix" the Aircraft.cfg and buy it again. The DC-2 lands with around 70 knots
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic