This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F-Lite
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

F lite 747?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roachy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roachy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: F lite 747?
    Posted: 05 Oct 2008 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by A310fan A310fan wrote:

I hope Cls do the A320 series next!

CLS and the A320 would be a match made in heaven!
The A320 is by nature a very simple aircraft to fly. Thus by principle CLS would undoubtedly develop a brilliant A320 simulation, as they tend to offer easy-to-fly re-inditions of aircraft.

From my standpoint I'd say that the reason they don't is most likely that three other developers are offering an A320 simulation.
These are Wilco/FeelThere, AirlinerXP and Airsimmer.
Though the Wilco version is the only production currently for sale, the other two have entered Beta testing.
The Wilco version - despite service packs - is still remarkably buggy and sometimes doesn't "feel" or "perform" as you'd expect a real A320 to, so it suffers on realism despite promising functionality. My main gripe with it is that thrust-limiters don't seem to work properly with AT engaged.
The other two versions look better (from pictures I've seen) and claim to offer unparalleled functionality, which is pretty high to live up to.

Considering that CLS don't offer as much sophistication and complexity of systems, it is probable that they wouldn't be able to compete effectively with the other two manufacturers - most people would choose to buy an A320 that's harder to fly but offers more in the way of systems.
Luke Roach
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 6:14pm
Many thanks for the reply.  I too will look forward to it!

Rory
A310fan View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A310fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 9:51pm
I'm looking forward to this one a LOT!
It's good that you're taking your time with it. A lot of people have been complaining about this and that already on the cls forum and a few service packs are already available, so by the time you guys release the boxed version things should be runing pretty smooth!

I hope Cls do the A320 series next!
SimUK View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 9:10pm
Funnily enough, we do have plans...  http://www.justflight.com/developProduct.asp?pid=292

It's due for release within the next few months (hopefully before the end of this year!)
kessler View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kessler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 7:48pm
Hiya all,

I was just wondering if JF have any plans to develop a Boeing 747 in the F Lite range?  I enjoy the challenge of the PIC 737 and a couple of other procedural add ons that I have, but I really dont want to be learning yet another complex aircraft like the PMDG 747.  Obviously the default 747 is rather basic and was wanting something just a bit more involved but not too much.  The F Lite range has covered quite a few aircraft and would've thought the 747 to a logical one also.

Regards,

Rory
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic