This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DH.104 Dove & Devon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

DH.104 FDE questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DH.104 FDE questions
    Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 3:51am
Finally got the DH.104 this afternoon after watching a few videos on YouTube and reading forum posts. Very, very nice.

One thing I typically do with my FSXA aircraft is modify the [fltsim.x] entries in the aircraft.cfg for a more realistic callsign, flight number and airlines. It helps to master EditVoicePack for this, of course.

Since the FDE manager permits the selection of Standard, Alternate and Original flight dynamics, can someone explain some of the subtle differences?

And if I make entries to the [fltsim.x] sections or even add a new texture, what happens when I change the FDE selection? Do I have to duplicate the entries in the other aircraft.cfg files?

Thought I'd ask before rolling up my sleeves and doing any creative editing.

Thanks in advance

--WH
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 10:42am
The FDE versions are briefly described on the update page. Standard is the recommended FDE. I can't see any reason not to use that.

No, you don't need additional fltsim.x entries for the various FDE options. The optional FDE selector takes care of it all for you.
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2016 at 2:53pm
Thanks for the explanation.

--WH
ilgrillo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ilgrillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2017 at 8:10am
EDIT:
I'm currently away from my pc. I don't know where I can find the FDE selector or manager. (I purchased the DOVE yesterday)

Ok, I found it. It's an external program installed with the aircraft.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic