This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic 360
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cycle between Airports at the same day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmmaier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cycle between Airports at the same day
    Posted: 01 Mar 2016 at 7:06pm
Hi all,

how can i cycle (for example 3 times) from
Cycle # 1
Airport A Depart to Airport B Approach
Airport B Depart to Airport A Approach

Cycle # 2 same day
A Depart to B Approach
B Depart to A Approach

Cycle # 3 same day
A Depart to B Approach
B Depart to A Approach

Condition:
A is my self developed Airport
Same Day
Same Airplain
Departtime is increased by 2 hours

This happens:
After the first Cycle the Airplane goes to sleep until next day.

Q: Is multi cycle between two Airport possible ?

If yes, blease give me a examble

Regards
Manfred Maier

freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 1:28am
If I understand what you are asking, you simply want the same airplane to do this:

Leg 1 ... Fly from A to B today ... park for 2 hours and then
Leg 2 ... Fly from B to A today ... park for 2 hours and then
Leg 3 ... Fly from A to B today ... park for 2 hours and then
Leg 4 ... Fly from B to A today ... park for 2 hours and then
Leg 5 ... Fly from A to B today ... park for 2 hours and then
Leg 6 ... Fly from B to A today ... park for 2 hours and then

Repeat this the next day, and then repeat it again the next day after that, and then repeat it again the next day after that ... for seven days ... before it all starts over again.

Yes, it is definitely possible to do that. It's the "bread and butter" of the program.

1) Make sure your schedule is NOT set to WEEKLY. It should be set to DAILY. From what you are describing in your post ("goes to sleep until next day"), it sounds like your schedule might be set to Weekly instead of Daily.

2) Make sure you have all of these legs showing (so you should see all six in this example above) in the Traffic Control Centre flight plan for this aircraft.

To help explain it more easily, please refer to the Traffic X Flight Plan Tutorial available here: Traffic X Tutorial 1

(Traffic X and Traffic 360 are essentially the same thing, so the Traffic X Tutorial is still relevant here for what you are doing.)

kmmaier View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmmaier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 8:00am
Hi freddy,

many thanks for your answer, i will follow your advice.

From what you are describing in your post ("goes to sleep until next day"),

I see this in FSX-Extras-Traffic Toolbox-Explorer

Regards
Manfred Maier
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2016 at 11:53pm
Ahh. The Traffic Toolbox in the Simulator is showing you that. Yes, that would likely confirm that the schedule for that airplane, as configured in Traffic 360, has been set as "Weekly". Therefore, the schedule in Traffic 360 probably looks something like this ...

Monday ... at whatever o'clock ... Fly from A to B
Tuesday ... at whatever o'clock ... Fly from B to A
Wednesday ... at whatever o'clock ... Fly from A to B
Thursday ... at whatever o'clock ... Fly from B to A
and so on.

So, on Monday, the airplane will fly from A to B, and then go to sleep until Tuesday. On Tuesday, the airplane will fly from B to A, and then go to sleep until Wednesday. And so on.

If you want to change this, you've got two options:

1) Open the Traffic 360 Control Centre, go to the appropriate airline, find the schedule for that airplane, and then EDIT the schedule ... changing it from Weekly to Daily as per my first post. You will likely need to edit the existing legs and/or add additional legs to set the appropriate departure times, and the 2 hour turnaround intervals, or however you want it. (The minimum turnaround interval that you can set between each leg is 50 minutes - you can't go lower than that.)

OR

2) Open the Traffic 360 Control Centre, go to the appropriate airline, and then CREATE A COMPLETELY BRAND NEW SCHEDULE, for this airplane type or a different airplane type, making sure you create a Daily schedule as per my first post, adding the legs, the departure times, and the required turnaround intervals that you want.

REMEMBER, any time you add new schedules or edit an existing schedule in the Traffic 360 Control Centre, you need to do a COMPILE of the traffic database so that your changes appear in the simulator. The Traffic X Tutorial I referred to in my first post does forget to mention this fact.

kmmaier View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kmmaier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2016 at 7:28am
Hi freddy,

again many thanks, all my plans works now correct.

Regard
Manfred Maier
freddy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2016 at 10:54am
Excellent!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic