This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DH.104 Dove & Devon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dove performance

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dove performance
    Posted: 17 Jan 2016 at 10:56am
As I underdstand it the Dove was a very stable flying platform. I'm having great difficulty setting elevator trim, the plane is very unresponsive then suddenly pitches nose down rapidly during a climb. I'm using P3Dv3 and the Dove looks great, p.s. can you add a thousands needle to RH RPM please?
Bobcat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:24am
Thanks for the Dove.  It looks superb, and the engine sounds are simply to die for; I could listen to it all day! Frame rates are fantastic as well.  Well worth the wait!

I have spotted a few things which I mention below.  It is expected that complex aircraft such as this might require a tweak or service pack.

I am using FSX:SE - experienced user.

As mentioned by the OP, I am also finding it difficult to keep the Dove level and trim it up.  
It either wants to pitch up or down and is extremely hard to keep in level flight.  Sometimes it gets into a deep tail stall (tail down) so quickly it is impossible to recover even with full elevator deflection.  And at higher speed it pitches down quite severely.  All other aircraft I have flown display exactly opposite behaviour.  I am sure a decent tweak of the flight dynamics would solve this.

The only graphical error I have spotted up to now is the 'Triplex Laminates' emblem on the window.
If you raise your seat to see over the nose, the logo actually goes behind the nose cone paint, which should be behind it - weird!  So just an error in z-layering or whatever it is - I am sure you understand these things better than me.

Thanks for the aircraft.  With a few tweaks it will be a killer!

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 9:54am
Hi Chaps,

If you haven't already done so, please make sure to report any issues/feedback to the support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

They can then collate the information and report it to the developers.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Bobcat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2016 at 1:36pm
Thanks Martyn - done!
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Chaps,

If you haven't already done so, please make sure to report any issues/feedback to the support team - http://www.justflight.com/support-contact

Thanks
Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I did as you recommened and opened support tickets for my observations. So far I've had no acknowledgement from Just Flight so I can't track or add any information to existing tickets.

Kevin
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by kevinh kevinh wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Hi Chaps,

Thanks
Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I did as you recommened and opened support tickets for my observations. So far I've had no acknowledgement from Just Flight so I can't track or add any information to existing tickets.

Kevin

When did you submit your ticket Kevin?
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Voice of Reason Voice of Reason wrote:

I don't have an exact time, because there was no acknowledgement email. However, it was soon after Martyn's post, so Jan 18, possibly Jan 19. I submitted three tickets that day (on three separate issues), rather than submit one ticket covering three things. Also one more ticket yesterday relating to the cause of one of those problems.

I'm losing confidence in the support system as I've also got two outstanding tickets about the Tornado GR1 from last October which I've had no feedback about since the initial response. So I don't know if the problems are being worked on or not.

Kevin
Voice of Reason View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voice of Reason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:25pm

I don't have an exact time, because there was no acknowledgement email. However, it was soon after Martyn's post, so Jan 18, possibly Jan 19. I submitted three tickets that day (on three separate issues), rather than submit one ticket covering three things. Also one more ticket yesterday relating to the cause of one of those problems.

I'm losing confidence in the support system as I've also got two outstanding tickets about the Tornado GR1 from last October which I've had no feedback about since the initial response. So I don't know if the problems are being worked on or not.

Kevin

Looking into this for you now.  Can you confirm which email address you're using when submitting your tickets please?
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 5:32pm

Kevin

Looking into this for you now.  Can you confirm which email address you're using when submitting your tickets please?

email address sent in PM
Bobcat View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2016 at 3:42pm
New service pack out.  It flies nicely with the new standard FDE now.  It is a completely different animal and an absolute joy to fly.  Good fix!
johnwillimas View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnwillimas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2016 at 10:55am
Yepp, good job on these fixes: solving the overlap of the comms boxes with the window texture seems to have solved the size issue with them too. Good work guys...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic