This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fmc doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fmc doesn't work
    Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 4:28pm
Today I wanted to make a flight with my new tristar, bought two days ago, I am using the same dc8's navigraph airacs. On dc8  airacs work on Tristar the fms freezed...Some solution? I am using P3D 3.1
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

lord_helmet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 1:16pm
Same thing happening here. The INS-version seems fine, but the FMC is a no-go. I am also using P3D v3.1

EDIT: Spelling. 
muffo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 1:46pm
hi Lord now the fmc works, but I am using old airacs ( the same of the installer) and I want undestand because it works during the flight and not on ground. 
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by muffo muffo wrote:

hi Lord now the fmc works, but I am using old airacs ( the same of the installer) and I want undestand because it works during the flight and not on ground. 

That's really odd.. I haven't installed any airac; am using the "standard" one. The FMC is just completely frozen. It won't accept any button being pushed. Bummer.
muffo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 4:08pm
Hi Lord again, try this: Uninstall the airplane, clean all airplane's folder, reinstall airplane with administrator rules and try it (I did so). If you have problems again, open a ticket with technical support. My airplane now works, I am testing it deeply and I think that it works very  well. I will give you news.
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by muffo muffo wrote:

Hi Lord again, try this: Uninstall the airplane, clean all airplane's folder, reinstall airplane with administrator rules and try it (I did so). If you have problems again, open a ticket with technical support. My airplane now works, I am testing it deeply and I think that it works very  well. I will give you news.

Will have to contact support; it won't work despite reinstall.. :/
tarpoon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarpoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Hi
Picked up the TriStar Professional today.
I have the same problems with the FMC as described in this thread.

Any solution to be found?

P3D v3.4.22.19868
Win 10 Pro

Jayel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:05pm
Hello
Is there an issue with the FMC on this aircraft?
Was interested to purchase until I saw this.
The lack of a reply is a little worrying.
Could we have status update please
regards
Jayel
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:06pm
I recently purchased the L1011 Pro and discovered that the FMC does not work.  Not only that but I do not get text in some of the windows.  For instance, when I select DATA there should be an option to load a saved flight plan, yet the entire screen is blank.  Is there something I need to do to activate the FMC?  I do not have a subscription to Navigraph, is that needed?  I have already submitted a ticket to support on this issue but have not heard back as yet.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:48pm
I think the FAQ item "Windows 10 - missing text on FMC" can help you with this:
https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000067382-windows-10-missing-text-on-fmc

jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:20pm
Unfortunately that file is a paint kit, not a windows font file.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:27pm
Hi,
We've recently changed our support system software and it looks like that link is broken. We're fixing it now. 
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:38pm
This is the old, currently working link to the font: http://cdn.justflight.com/support/L1011Pro/Latha.ttf
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:12pm
I did a search for Just Flight L1011 FMS missing font and found a link and was able to download and install the font.  So the FMS is working now.  Thanks for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic