This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > L-1011 TriStar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

fmc doesn't work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fmc doesn't work
    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 7:12pm
I did a search for Just Flight L1011 FMS missing font and found a link and was able to download and install the font.  So the FMS is working now.  Thanks for the help.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:38pm
This is the old, currently working link to the font: http://cdn.justflight.com/support/L1011Pro/Latha.ttf
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:27pm
Hi,
We've recently changed our support system software and it looks like that link is broken. We're fixing it now. 
jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 5:20pm
Unfortunately that file is a paint kit, not a windows font file.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 1:48pm
I think the FAQ item "Windows 10 - missing text on FMC" can help you with this:
https://support.justflight.com/support/solutions/articles/17000067382-windows-10-missing-text-on-fmc

jfwharton View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfwharton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 8:06pm
I recently purchased the L1011 Pro and discovered that the FMC does not work.  Not only that but I do not get text in some of the windows.  For instance, when I select DATA there should be an option to load a saved flight plan, yet the entire screen is blank.  Is there something I need to do to activate the FMC?  I do not have a subscription to Navigraph, is that needed?  I have already submitted a ticket to support on this issue but have not heard back as yet.
Jayel View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2017 at 2:05pm
Hello
Is there an issue with the FMC on this aircraft?
Was interested to purchase until I saw this.
The lack of a reply is a little worrying.
Could we have status update please
regards
Jayel
tarpoon View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tarpoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 10:27pm
Hi
Picked up the TriStar Professional today.
I have the same problems with the FMC as described in this thread.

Any solution to be found?

P3D v3.4.22.19868
Win 10 Pro

lord_helmet View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 6:26pm
Originally posted by muffo muffo wrote:

Hi Lord again, try this: Uninstall the airplane, clean all airplane's folder, reinstall airplane with administrator rules and try it (I did so). If you have problems again, open a ticket with technical support. My airplane now works, I am testing it deeply and I think that it works very  well. I will give you news.

Will have to contact support; it won't work despite reinstall.. :/
muffo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 4:08pm
Hi Lord again, try this: Uninstall the airplane, clean all airplane's folder, reinstall airplane with administrator rules and try it (I did so). If you have problems again, open a ticket with technical support. My airplane now works, I am testing it deeply and I think that it works very  well. I will give you news.
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by muffo muffo wrote:

hi Lord now the fmc works, but I am using old airacs ( the same of the installer) and I want undestand because it works during the flight and not on ground. 

That's really odd.. I haven't installed any airac; am using the "standard" one. The FMC is just completely frozen. It won't accept any button being pushed. Bummer.
muffo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 1:46pm
hi Lord now the fmc works, but I am using old airacs ( the same of the installer) and I want undestand because it works during the flight and not on ground. 
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lord_helmet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2016 at 1:16pm
Same thing happening here. The INS-version seems fine, but the FMC is a no-go. I am also using P3D v3.1

EDIT: Spelling. 
muffo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muffo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2016 at 4:28pm
Today I wanted to make a flight with my new tristar, bought two days ago, I am using the same dc8's navigraph airacs. On dc8  airacs work on Tristar the fms freezed...Some solution? I am using P3D 3.1
Andrea Deplano

PVI airlines

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic