This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Screenshots
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alaskan Dawn

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob16584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alaskan Dawn
    Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:02pm
Appologies in advance, but there may be quite a few threads started by me full of shots from my flights in Alasaka with the Twotter. This was a short 1hr flight from PAGK-PAVD at dawn. Departed just after 5am local and after a cruising over the moutains at 9500ft, I descended down to 1500ft on a long downwind once clear of the mountains, which also gave a Lear Jet the chance to get down and clear of the runway. This wasn't meant to be a flight for taking screenies, but it quickly turned into one!

Preparing to go

Turning to course and climbing to 9500ft

Shots from cruise

Beginning to descend

Sun is rising

Turning to finals

Having to compete with a crosswind and the sun in my face

Short finals

Parked up next to the Lear in time for breakfast
http://www.pacificairways.net

Need your accounts completing? rsbookkeeper@googlemail.com
jupp94 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jupp94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:07pm
nice shots! I love the water effects.Smile
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 4:31pm
Hi Rob,

May I ask what gauge that is displaying a chart, in the sixth image?
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
twright View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 5:25pm
Very nice shots!

I also have this product.  What prop rpm settings do you use during the cruise?  I read it should be 75% on the gauge but to set this I have to pull the prop levers right back to 0%.  To feather, I have to pull them right back to 0% then press CTRL+F2.
Kind regards,
Tom
hurricanemk1c View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hurricanemk1c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 8:17pm

Great shots!

Kieran

rob16584 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rob16584 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 11:03pm
The other gauge is FSMap from Aerosoft, a great tool for VFR flying and getting around airports as it imports the AFCAD file so you can see where you're taxing.
For cruise is set the props at just above 75% to stop them feathering and keep the power at around 35. It usually gives around 160kts TAS depending on the winds
http://www.pacificairways.net

Need your accounts completing? rsbookkeeper@googlemail.com
ross1562 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ross1562 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 11:30pm
Great shots of a great aircraft.
Ross1562(Air Observer)

FSX SP1 SP2.
DellE520, 8600GT, nHancer, 3GB Ram, Intell Duo Core

aldeje92 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aldeje92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 2:06am
love the panel.great pics mate.

EI-CFZ
TomA320 View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomA320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2008 at 9:58am
very good pics I like the one in the flightdeck
Andy636 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy636 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2008 at 12:56am
Love it when you post your shots Rob, full of feeling... Thanks dude...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic