This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FS9 not running on win 7 system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS9 not running on win 7 system
    Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 5:47pm
Hi to everybody!

I need help with FS9 because suddendly when I click on its icon, it doesn't start. The disc No.4 is in and no any updated has been made on my pc (window 7) since I used FS9 a month ago... Shocked I re-installed it as last ratio, but no way to start the game. Any advices and suggestions?
Furthermore I heard about the incompatibility with FS and windows 10 (including also FSX): can you confirm this?

Thank you in advance fore any help I'll receive and in the meantime, happy new year to all of you!
Ciao.
Andrea
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 6:15pm
Hi Andrea,

I think Microsoft recently applied the same security update to Windows 7 that came with Windows 10. This disables the software which checks that a legal CD is in the computer. You can reactivate the required service at your own risk. I can't remember the procedure, so you need to google it to find the instructions on the Microsoft site.

FSX still runs on Windows 7 and 10 as far as I'm aware. FSX-SE certainly does

Kevin
dodgy-alan View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dodgy-alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2015 at 11:29pm
I too run W7 and currently run FSX, I did have FS9 installed on it that I'd ported over from FSX when I changed my PC. FS9 will run but you have to rightclick on the start icon, then go to troubleshooting, then to compatibility and keep following the prompts, ultimately until you get one that says Run as....
( Can't remember the full thing as not done it for over a year ). Also FS9 crashes frequently in W7,(certain aircraft seem to provoke it into doing so) and in the end I got fed up with it and deleted the whole thing, (Before doing so I backed the entire system up onto an external hard drive so that should I ever wish to go back to it I can!) Hope this helps.
The light at the end of the tunnel is a freight train coming the other way !
Andrea View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2015 at 4:09pm
Tks Guys!

I'll follow your suggestions and I hope to fix all.
Thank you!!
Ciao.
Andrea
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2016 at 10:34am
1. Use a legit no cd crack ... disks can get damaged with over usage.
2. Run as administrator is the option you need to check as mentioned above.
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic