This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Panel Selector in SP3 P3Dv3 - problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Panel Selector in SP3 P3Dv3 - problems
    Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:04pm
I've just installed SP3 in P3Dv3 ( uninstalled from P3Dv2.4 first ), and I have a problem with the panel selector, and the pop up 2D panels.

1 ) Clicking on the large white arrow in the upper left of the screen does nothing. The panel selector diagram does not appear.

2 ) I can bring up the Panel Selector diagram using the drop down menu Views /Instrument Panel/Panel Selector, but it doesn't function. Moving the cursor over various panels in the diagram causes the cursor to change, and for a tool tip to show, but actually clicking on the diagram doesn't bring up the desired 2D panel

3 ) I can bring up the various 2D panels using Shift+(number ) but they are unclickable. The cursor changes when on the click-spot for a switch or button, but actually clicking with the mouse button has no effect.

I also have a problem with an erratic airspeed indicator, but I'll make that another thread, and just concentrate on the panel selector problem for now.

Any help gratefully received
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 5:28pm
Hi Paul,

I'll look into these issues when I get back into work tomorrow morning. I'm pretty sure I know what is causing this.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 6:11pm
Thanks, Martyn.

While I have your ear, could you check and see what the airspeed indicator is showing when the aircraft is selected ? For me, even though the aircraft is stopped at the end of the runway, its showing 40 knots

Regards
Paul

Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:26pm
That's exactly what it should be showing, Paul - the ASI in many British military aircraft of that era didn't read down to zero, generally only becoming active around the 40 knot mark. It wouldn't drop down to zero, instead remaining stationary at 40 for all speeds below.

Here it is on a PR9 panel (scroll quite a long way down the page):
http://forum.keypublishing.com/showthread.php?36703-Aircraft-Instrument-Panel-Projects/page10

And on a Vulcan - note that the left panel ASI reads as described while thr right panel ASI is of a different type and reads down to zero. This was the standard fit (one of each type) for the Vulcan B2
http://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/vulcan/full/bru97431.jpg

Hope that clears things up,
Paul.
Paul K View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:15pm
Paul, I've just been to CBFS, and Dave Booker says exactly the same thing. Looks like that mystery is resolved then - thanks muchly for the info ! Smile

Martyn, before you spend too much time on the Panel Selector issue, Dave Garwood , also at CBFS, says it could be a problem inherent with P3D, in that sometimes clickspots wont work if an aircraft is selected after loading the default one ( in P3D's case, the F-22 ). The Canberra has to be selected in the start-up screen. I can't test it right now, but the PMDG 737 NGX also requires that it be selected at start up, rather than selected once in the sim, for all the animated switches and clickspots to work. Its something peculiar to P3D, apparently

Might be that my problems are resolved. Thumbs Up
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 8:28pm
I'm sure it actually states it in the Pilots' Notes as well, Paul - I remember we specifically discussed this issue when the gauges were being built. Glad your problems appear to be resolving themselves!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic