This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > English Electric Canberra PR.9
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Canopy Fogging

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody901 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Canopy Fogging
    Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 3:14pm
I have installed the latest version (SP3) of the Canberra and have since had some problems with canopy fogging. On the two flights I have tried so far the canopy has fogged up. The second time while I was still on the ground, starting the engines and with the canopy open. The problem I have is that I am unable to demist the canopy. I have the demist knob pulled out, canopy heat switch on and air to cabin buttons on but even after half an hour the canopy is still misted and I am unable to see through it. Has the coding to this changed because this was not a problem for me before this version.
Hope you can help
Mick
Mick Wood
woody901 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woody901 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 2:09pm
Well I have to report that I have tried to re-create this problem and have failed. The Canberra performed perfectly for me in all conditions in other flight so I shall put this down to 'one of those things'

Thanks Martin for your reply to my support request

Mick Wood
Mick Wood
Jim610 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim610 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 2:14pm
I also suffered badly with a fogged canopy which suddenly, and rather unrealitically I might add, cleared at 300' on finals.  The demist knob had been pulled for a lot of the flight and all of the decent.

Jim
Jason210 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 9:07am
Don't know if it's a problem or me, but mine is fogged up too.

For more than half-an-hour, it has been set to:

- canopy: ON
- engine air to cabin Nos. 1 & 2: ON
- cabin air: WARM
- demist knob: OUT (ON).

I can see a little bit but it's still badly "misted".
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2016 at 10:36am
Hi Jason,

Please contact our support team and we'll look into this.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
BugDani View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugDani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:59pm
Hi,

sorry but I have the same problem: Unable to demist the canopy ( even after opening !)

BugDani.
BugDani View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BugDani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by BugDani BugDani wrote:

Hi,

sorry but I have the same problem: Unable to demist the canopy ( even after opening !)

BugDani.

At this time, I've just re-named the fogged canopy textures (Inside and out side) and it's OK!
Viking01 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viking01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 6:51pm
Same problem here. Renaming the textures seems to be the only solution...
Regards
Gunter
timmee62 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timmee62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 9:10am
I have noticed that changing the small knob on the right of the GPS changes the fogging on the canopy...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic