This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SP
    Posted: 05 Dec 2015 at 11:34am
Thanks for the latest update. The F.27 always was good, but it is now an excellent addon. Thanks for correcting the RPM indicator red lines, you guys really do take notice of forum comments.

I'd prefer not to have the three pointer altimeter, a single pointer altimeter with digits is much more representative of the aircraft, but I can live with it.

Kevin
mgr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 10:20am
+10!  Clap Thanks for the quick support!!! Clap

Marcel

flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 5:22pm
Well, guys. You've done it. You've listened to your customers, worked on a new SP in record time, and everyone is happy.
thank you.
tony
FV
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 4:24pm
Hi Marcel,

The paint kit has been updated to show the location of the antennas on a separate layer - http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/fd13410

You'll need to download the latest software too (SP2) - http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/dba9633

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mgr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov 2015 at 7:18am
Hello Martyn,

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

Quote Small question, was also the mapping of the bottom antenna's changed? 

Apologies for the delay. The developer has provided this image showing where the antennas are located:

Thanks for the reply.  Did some testing with the NW livery. It works for the mentioned aeriels, yet the initial problem was with the 2 big tube antennas sticking out of the belly.

The were (and still are so far i can tell) mapped to the texturepart of the upper fuselage. So if you paint the upper fuselage red, they will show up red.

Marcel

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2015 at 9:16am
Quote Small question, was also the mapping of the bottom antenna's changed? 

Apologies for the delay. The developer has provided this image showing where the antennas are located:

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2015 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by Crankpin Crankpin wrote:

Thanks very much for the SP, the highlight for me is the new sound pack, perfect match with my memories.
Having done a dozen or so repaints for the F27 I'm concerned to ensure they 'match' model changes. I'm mostly playing 'Spot the Difference' at the moment but I have one specific question. Within the folders 'SIM'\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Fokker_F27-100 and .... \JF_Fokker_F27-200300, what's the significance and use of the 3 files CfgGenHD2.exe aircraftHD.cfg aircraftSTD.cfg ???

Ignore the 'aircraftHD.cfg' and 'aircraftSTD.cfg' files, this aircraft only uses the normal 'aircraft.cfg'. The 'CfgGen' exe is used by the installer to generate entries in the aircraft.cfg for any liveries that contain an 'aircraft.inf' file.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Tuppy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2015 at 3:42am
Re altimeter....  agreed.  Very difficult to read, especially in a normal pilot view.

Additionally, why was the actual gauge changed?  The previous three pointer type gauge was tricky enough to interpret (as an aside a friend who used to fly F27s for Ansett, said that that altimeter caused a number of incidents in real life), the new single pointer type is very difficult to interpret, the numbers showing the '1000s of feet are waaaay too small.

Any chance of a small fix (replacement altimeter gauge say..)

Otherwise very happy with SP1, mind you, I was pretty happy before!

chris from oz
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 9:10pm
I wish they had made the altimeter a bit larger--more readable.
tony
FV
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bart Reurts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2015 at 8:37pm
I am very happy with the SP .
I had only a problem with the install of the new version .
First i deleted with windows the old version . and installed the new one without problems .
Then i saw only one 200 / 300 model ( a repaint model )  and 7 100 models ( 3 repaints and 4 default paints  ) Confused
My repaints and old version are on a external drive .
only after several attempts i restored my repaints and the default models and paints .
This was only possible after the install of the old , aircraft CFG files , in the new version files , ( the normal way to install the repaints did not work well and left the default paints out .
Strange but true , all new things from the SP are still there Smile .
The only thing that is a bit off is my HSI and horizon , they have warning flags , that only disappear when i tune and receive a ILS freq .
All other things work fine .
So i am still a very happy Fokker flyer Wink  

Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 7:41am
Originally posted by Crankpin Crankpin wrote:

Thanks very much for the SP, the highlight for me is the new sound pack, perfect match with my memories.
Having done a dozen or so repaints for the F27 I'm concerned to ensure they 'match' model changes. I'm mostly playing 'Spot the Difference' at the moment but I have one specific question. Within the folders 'SIM'\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_Fokker_F27-100 and .... \JF_Fokker_F27-200300, what's the significance and use of the 3 files CfgGenHD2.exe aircraftHD.cfg aircraftSTD.cfg ???

I was wondering what the reason for the different cfg files were as well
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 2:48am
It's just a guess but you should have uninstalled the first one using control panel- add/remove programs. Just deleting the folders won't work, as you're probably painfully aware of by now. The steps on how to correct this are honestly beyond me. I probably could do it if I were in front of the machine but I'm not sure how to explain to do it. Maybe someone here can though. Good luck! You'll need to find a way to completely remove both old and new and start from there. A possibility would be to point the installer to a temporary location. See what files it writes in the temp folder and then manually remove those same files from FSX. I know you can do this with freeware planes but I'm not sure if the payware installer that needs to find FSX will let you do that. Again good luck!
rlaycock View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlaycock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2015 at 12:36am
Hi
I cant uninstall the original through control panel programmes and features  it says

there was a problem starting C/Programmes the specified module could not be found.run dill cont be found.

I deleted the two f 27 folders and installed the update but now I have 2 x F 27 in the control panel programmes and feature.  I tried to uninstall  the new version and it also reports

there was a problem starting C/Programme the specified module could not be found.

My operating system in win 7 64 bit

Thanks in advance if you can help

Bob
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crankpin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2015 at 9:27pm
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 9:24pm

If you haven't manually deleted the repaint texture folder(s) from within the F-27 aircraft folders before installing the latest version of the product, and if the creator of the repaint included an 'aircraft.inf' file in the texture folder (which contains the information to be added to the aircraft.cfg), then the installer will restore those repaints and they will be available in the latest software with no further action required.

The support text makes the assumption that the texture folders have been deleted and/or the repainter didn't include an aircraft.inf file.

This explains a problem I just had. I left the additional texture folders in place after uninstalling version 1.0 and installed the new version.  I got an error when FSX loaded because two paint titles were the same (Ansett). Aircraft.cfg had two entries for the Ansett livery. I thought it was an installer problem but after reading your post I checked the .inf file and found it was actually a copy of the Ansett inf file. So that explained why a second Ansett reference got added. I've corrected the repaint's inf file so this can't happen again.

Thanks

Kevin
A.Fokker View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A.Fokker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 8:52pm
Thank you very much for the update!!!
mgr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 7:38pm
Hi Martyn,

Thanks Marcel, we've added it to the release notes.

Small question, was also the mapping of the bottom antenna's changed? Believe it was "promised".
If yes, were is it mapped now. Took a quick scan through the new repaintkit yet could not find it.

Thx,

Marcel

PS
"promised" = mentioned on the SOH forum that it would be fixed.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?92474-JF-F27-released!-%2829th-April%29/page6
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by mgr mgr wrote:

BIG THANKS FOR FIXING THE TEXTURE MAPPING!!
*which is not noted in the releasenote*

Off painting! Wink

Marcel

Thanks Marcel, we've added it to the release notes.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
mgr View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mgr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 7:23pm
BIG THANKS FOR FIXING THE TEXTURE MAPPING!!
*which is not noted in the releasenote*

Off painting! Wink

Marcel

Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 6:23pm
Absolutely love the service pack. Lot's of very nice fixes. Just flew a flight from PAKT to PAJN. Unfortunately the service pack didn't improve my navigational skills. Inclusion of a default GPS is nice though. At least I won't find Amelia Earhart while I'm learning!

I have one small niggle and almost hate to bring it up seeing all the improvements you've made. I love the new altimeter with the thousand feet mark separate but it should still have two needles for hundreds and tens right? The two needles on mine always move together no matter the altitude. That's not right is it? Or am I missing something about how it works? Wouldn't be a first for me for sure! Keep up the good work and thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic