This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Datem Computer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Datem Computer
    Posted: 28 Oct 2015 at 6:01pm
I just installed this aircraft and was proceeding through the tutorial when I came to this step.  The tutorial says it is supposed to be 10 and to hold the right mouse button to move to the 10 setting.  First how do I use this, how do we determine that this should be a 10 setting.  Secondly, on my Windows 10, FSX: SE simulator this procedure did not work for me.  The little hand appears but the card does not move either with mouse clicks or trying to manually move while holding down the the right mouse key.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Mike Cameron Mike Cameron wrote:

I just installed this aircraft and was proceeding through the tutorial when I came to this step.  The tutorial says it is supposed to be 10 and to hold the right mouse button to move to the 10 setting.  First how do I use this, how do we determine that this should be a 10 setting.  Secondly, on my Windows 10, FSX: SE simulator this procedure did not work for me.  The little hand appears but the card does not move either with mouse clicks or trying to manually move while holding down the the right mouse key.

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

Hello Mike. Are you referring to the fuel datum computer in the roof? If yes then when you put your mouse over it and you see the mouse arrow turn into a hand then you hold down the right mouse button and drag left/right (not up/down) to rotate it. There is a service pack due for the F27 shortly and the updated manual covers the fuel trimming operation  in more detail.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Mike Cameron View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 4:49pm
Thanks, yes that is what I am referring to.  I thought I tried it all directions including left and right and nothing happened but I will try again this afternoon after work.

Thanks,

Mike
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2015 at 11:36pm
I just confirmed that this does not work in FSX: SE and windows 10.  The cursor changes to the hand but it does not move with right mouse click and moving left to right or right to left.

Thanks,
Mike Cameron
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 7:23am
Hi Mike. Strange. We have seen no other reports of this *at all*. I have no idea why this is. Exactly what version of the sim are you running the F27 in please?
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 5:12pm
FSX:SE Version 10.0.62615.0

Thanks,

Mike
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 5:25pm
Thanks. That's what I tested it in and have had no issues. I have no idea what the issue is. I have never come across it before. A service pack is due to be released shortly. I would wait till that and then try once more and see if that sorts the issue, but I'm not hopeful as that's not been touched as not broken. Please do that and then come back to me. 
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 5:30pm
Thanks will do.  I also have P3D V3 but did not install into that simulator.   Will the Service Pack or the updated full installer allow installation into P3DV3.

Mike
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2015 at 5:31pm
Yes it will.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 5:58pm
If it's any help I use the non steam version of fsx. For some reason the left mouse button and not the right button does the trick for me. I have no idea why and discovered it by total accident. Hope that helps.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 7:12pm
Thanks, I will try the left mouse.

Mike
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 8:36pm
Your welcome. Hope it works for you as well. Love this airplane but it seriously tests my navigation skills!
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Cameron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 9:28pm
Left mouse works in FSX: SE.

Thanks,

Mike
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2015 at 10:27pm
Maybe they meant their other right. :-)

Glad it worked!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic