This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Traffic X / Traffic / Traffic 2005
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Turn around times ... explained?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Turn around times ... explained?
    Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 7:54pm
Hi all,

Could someone please explain the turnaround times and how they work. I looked in the help files but can't grasp on a few things:

- Can I set an aircraft turnaround time for a dash 8 aircraft to 30 mins or is 45 the lowest?

- If i set a turn around time lower than 1 hour for a B733 aircraft will it still turnaround (i.e. will the flight plan still work)

What is the minimum turnaround time for a B757 / B767 aircraft for a flight plan to work?

Thanks in advance and much appreciate any help as always
Visit http://fsprojects.netau.net for my flight sim and train sim web sites :)
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 8:34pm
Why not set one up and arrive there just before the time, then watch what happens?  Remembering time is Local Time.  Takes minutes to do this.  I often use the Traffic Explorer from the file menu, see what I want to check out and then adjust the local time to suit.  You need the SDK for this facility and to turn the option on, I am of course refering to FSX.

Reider
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2008 at 9:38pm
I'm on FS9. I see FSX as a waste of money. I have so many addons for FS9 I don't see the point in upgrading and wasting my money. Not impressed with the demo version of FSX.

I don't want to waste time testing them (you have to be there 15 mins before a flight plan is due or 5 mins before they set off). I realise you can do x4 but at the moment I'm really struct for time. Any further replies is much appreciated.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 1:02am
Originally posted by aniceguy aniceguy wrote:

I'm on FS9. I see FSX as a waste of money. I have so many addons for FS9 I don't see the point in upgrading and wasting my money. Not impressed with the demo version of FSX.

I don't want to waste time testing them (you have to be there 15 mins before a flight plan is due or 5 mins before they set off). I realise you can do x4 but at the moment I'm really struct for time. Any further replies is much appreciated.

I really don`t think my post was for an FS9/FSX flame.  I was trying to help.  Maybe next time I`ll think twice.  If you aint got the time to do it with the few minutes it takes, maybe folks aint got the time to help either.  I`ll go back to enjoying my FSX, works brilliantly here.

END OF...

Reider
nickb84 View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickb84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 2:12pm

As far as Traffic goes with FS I dont have the add-on so cant help specifically with that but generally with AI just thought I would throw my thoughts/observations in.

Hi all,
- Can I set an aircraft turnaround time for a dash 8 aircraft to 30 mins or is 45 the lowest?

What is the minimum turnaround time for a B757 / B767 aircraft for a flight plan to work?

Generally In FS when I have editited/created flightplans I have been able to set a stand time to however long I want. I use a freeware programme called AITM which does help you construct a good flightplan and give's you a warning for any aircraft that has a stand time that is under 30 mintues. You can set the stand time for anytime you like but anything less than 30 mins by AITM is not recommended. For example if an aircraft touches down 10 mins late (if you have AI seperator or AI smooth could get pushed back), then when the aircraft lands if it is a busy large airport it might take another 10 mins or so for it to reach the gate. By the time it reaches the stand then it will be pushing back again. This said though if you are using a trafic editior with the traffic programme you may only be able to set a minum stand time to 45 as you say?

- If i set a turn around time lower than 1 hour for a B733 aircraft will it still turnaround (i.e. will the flight plan still work)

Again from experience and using AITM I have set 737 turnarounds to be 30 mins and lower and have observed this by watching the flight in the sim with no problem. Although as I said above if the tuirn around time is short and the aircraft is late then some aircraft arrive and then leave a few mintues later.There are varying factors which may influence how the flight operates and the only real way to see how it will work in your sim with your traffic levels is (as reider said) to observe the flight in FS.

If for example the flight arrives at its first leg late and the departure time has already passed for the next leg then the aircraft might just disappear from the first leg wherever it is and just re-appear at a gate ready for pushback for leg 2.

Of course as I said at the satrt this is all based on my own experiences with creating AI traffic and generally I have had no problems at all, but circumstances and limitations may mean it is different for the traffic editor you are using.  

Nick B

Long Term FS9 Airbus Pilot

EGLL - LHR, London Heathrow
aniceguy View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aniceguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 3:41pm
Thank you nick that is highly appreciated. Thank you for being so kind; unlike some people on here; which is really sad considering we suppose to live in a democratic society ... or maybe those times are over? Reider; this is not directed at you so please do not take this personally. Just I observed some real nasty and mean behaviour in the last few weeks over the net and in real life and am getting sick to death of it all.
reider View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2008 at 6:14pm
Then some was posted in here by you too.  This thread was never about FS9 v FSX.  It was about users offering help to each other and explaining that they`re on FSX not FS9 so theirs a difference.  You took it as a time to take up the cudgels and start fighting so you`re no better than the ones you allegedly saw.  Don`t try and blame others for your attitude-the subject is over!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic