This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Videos
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Posting Videos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Posting Videos
    Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 9:46am
This section of the forum can be used to post aviation/flight sim related videos to share with other forum members. Do not post any videos which which contain vulgar, harassing, hateful, threatening or sexually oriented content or content that violates any laws. No advertising of a commercial nature is permitted apart from Just Flight and its accredited associates. Any postings that violate these conditions will be removed. Just Flight reserve the right to remove anything that we consider inappropriate for our forum.

Posting videos

To post videos from YouTube, please do so in the following way:

Take the file name from the YouTube video that you wish to post. For instance, if the URL of the video is http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-V-NGeTi_w you need to to use the h-V-NGeTi_w part. I.e. everything past the "=" sign.

Paste/type the file name into your posting and put the following tags around it:

Flash based videos from elsewhere can be posted in the same way using [FLASH] and the equivalent tag to close.
Jeremy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeremy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 1:19pm
I never knew how to that!
Thanks boss!
Syed786 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syed786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2009 at 1:08pm
How about posting videos taken using Fraps.com - can these be posted in this section as well ??

Also is there another program other than Fraps that can record sound as well as the video>

So far the Fraps program I have been using only records video - no sound

Syed
johnep View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2010 at 5:27pm
How about the 'video' option in FSX. Enjoy using the instant playback session to see my landing blunders, but would like to save a video and perhaps put on utube for my family to view. Any help please?
johnep
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2010 at 9:40am
Hi,
Sorry for the lack replay only just noticed this.

FRAPS should record both video and sound. If you are using Vista/W7 then make sure you have the latest version as the old one didn't record sound under these OS. Or switch to Windows as the sound source if you have the latest one. No problem posting them here but by far the best way to do it is just to upload them to YouTube.

The "video" feature in FSX doesn't actually give you a video you can do anything with, just a video you can watch in FS. You will need something like FRAPS to capture the footage. No reason why you couldn't do the flying, start the replay and capture that using FRAPS though.

Hope it helps
Gritz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:50pm
Ok ......  I did a short flight in a Cessna Skymaster from West Wind, WA to Tipella, Ca.  This is a mix of FTX and MegaSceneryEarth scenery.

I'm not sure about the text past the = ???   

Gritz
Gritz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:53pm
Or maybe this is the right way??  The instructions are a little confusing ...

Gritz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2014 at 9:55pm
Well .... the WHOLE thing?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q85jURfQDDg&feature=youtu.be
Gritz View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gritz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2014 at 12:54am
Looks like Just Flight is dead?   I'll head over to AVISim forum ...
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2014 at 10:37am
The [TUBE] method does not work for me either. I think something has changed in the You Tube code.

The only way is to post the full link and then copy and paste that into your browser (at the top).

Regards
David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2014 at 8:31am
The [TUBE] tag worked for me the other day. Remember it's just the bit after watch?v= that goes into the tag.
Herky View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Herky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2014 at 8:35pm
Rich,

All I get is a black video window with "An error occurred, please try again later"

Then in small text. "No follow is applied to all links from this forum"?

Guess its beat me this time!

Cheers
David
You Tube at HERKY231 or David Herky

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic