This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crashing before TO!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crashing before TO!
    Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:37am
I knew I wasn't the world's best pilot - but hey! Crashing before I leave the runway??!!

Okay, seriously - I am having trouble with the demo in FS9.1 on Vista.

Everything goes okay until I'm sat on the runway in my Caravan, making pre-flight checks.

The sim just freezes up. Even my TIR won't work anymore - yet my PC has not frozen up - just FS and Cargo Pilot.

If I wait several minutes, I finally get the 'Cargo Pilot has stopped working' message and end up having to resort to the task manager to close everything.

Will the update apply to the demo?
Can I update the demo with the FSX update? Then I can see if I have the same problem in FSX.

This seems like a good plan (Cargo Pilot, that is) but I'm not sure yet if I really want it - so I would like to get this demo problem sorted.
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 10:50am

For as I know the demo is not compatible with FSX, the update will ask for the Cargo Pilot CD

I use the bought version on FSX-Vista, no problem.

Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 11:02am
Hi,

The demo won't run in Vista which is what is causing the problems you are seeing, I think
JD-LincsUK View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 12:00pm
Okay - I have managed to get it going bit by bit (I choose the map view from the menu and when I exit that, everything is running okay. When I select different panels to view, it goes belly-up again) - but not continually, so as my PCs are all Vista I'll have to make the educated decision to buy the software. Smile
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2008 at 8:04pm
Hmmm - not good. Ouch

I've bought Cargo Pilot and installed it for FS9, with the update, too, and the problem continues. Even when I'm not using Cargo Pilot, the start of any flight is completely messed up.

The view sticks on the 2D panel over everything. If I change view, I think it does change in the background, but the 2D panel stubbornly refuses to disappear, regardless.

If I go to the map, then back to the plane, it all works again, though it isn't completely stable.

A real shame as I've spent some time getting the MR Software BN-2B Islander to work (their install method is nuts...) specifically for starting my CP career. Cry

Anyway, I'll keep fiddling - do a complete re-install if nothing else works, and let you know how I get on. I actually did a complete FS9 re-install yesterday so I'd not have any problems.... yeah, right!
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 1:41pm
Okay - all sorted.

Did the re-install this morning - with FScene and the Capt Sim Herc - and installed Cargo Pilot straight away, so the chances of anything else interfering were minimal.

I had the same problem, but I worked out why - it's because I use 2 monitors - one for the main VC view and another for instruments/GPS/maps etc. FS9 doesn't seem to like that - at least not on Vista. That's a big shame, I feel half blind without it as I use it in FSX all the time.

Anyway, after going to full-screen CP worked just fine. Did my first flight (though unfortunately now not in the Islander) which just happened to be my first fixed-wing night flight, too, and all went well.

However, after landing at KMSL, I had no idea what to do next. I saw a big warehouse-looking building, so I taxied to that and shut down. I exited FS, expecting CP to come on automatically, but it didn't.

After some half-panicked clicking around, I found the debrief in CP - top banana!

Wonder if it's possible to install it in FSX as well (on the same PC)?
dree View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2008 at 7:23pm

In the cargo pilot directory is a file “CargoPilot.cfg” open it with notepad and you see the path to FS9

I think it’s possible to change that to your FSX path.

But on install you can also choose FSX as install path, yes.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD-LincsUK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2008 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by dree dree wrote:

In the cargo pilot directory is a file “CargoPilot.cfg” open it with notepad and you see the path to FS9

I think it’s possible to change that to your FSX path.

But on install you can also choose FSX as install path, yes.

Please, anyone - DO NOT DO THIS!

There is a utility provided with CP which you can find in your Flight Simulator/Cargo Pilot folder called CPVersionswitch.exe.

Run it to swap between FS9 and FSX and look in the same folder to find the manual addendum pdf file which will explain what to do with it. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic