This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Just Chat - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aircraft details white out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcpastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aircraft details white out
    Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 4:12pm
Can anyone tell me how to stop aircraft details turning white while flying. do I change a setting. I and using FSX steam
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 9:45am
So basically the textures aren't loading?

Do you have DX10 preview on? If so, that may be the issue. Without and they should appear.
rcpastor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcpastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 9:51am
Thank you DX10 is off. It only happens now and again and if I change the view the texture comes back. Guess I will have to live with it
Matt N View Drop Down
Chief Pilot
Chief Pilot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt N Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 11:49pm
Its been a long time since I was any assistance on here, so bear with me. LOL

Which graphics card are you using?
Originally Posted by MartinW

I use mine for spare knickers when I'm traveling.
rcpastor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcpastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 8:43am
I am using Intel Graphics HD 6000 with 8gb RAM with FSX steam. running FTX scenery.
This lose of texture only effects the aircraft and only happens infrequently. If I change the view the texture returns so it is just annoying rather than anything else. I just posted to see if anyone else has experienced this problem.
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 9:22am
So this is a SandyBridge CPU and you are using the built in graphics?

In which case I'm not surprised your textures take a while to load. You really require a dedicated graphics card to be honest, for the best FSX experience.

rcpastor View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcpastor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 9:33am
Thanks - I understand what you say but truth be known to buy a dedicated graphics card would be a little expensive at the moment. Thank you for you time. I'll live with it until some more pennies come in.lol
MartinW View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartinW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 10:30am
Fair enough. In the mean time, knocking the sliders back a tad may help. Lower AA settings, etc.   
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic