This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Electra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockheed Electra bugs found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 11:04pm
The lights are completely bonkers in P3D. I know there are problems with lights in P3Dv2.5, but most of my other add-ons/lights seem to work fine - even if they're not P3D-specific models.

1) Taxi lights switch: either the switch position or the tooltip is incorrect.
2) Can't turn off strobes independently.
3) Can't turn off landing lights independently.
4) Taxi lights and/or landing lights have a strobe effect unless lights are cycled using the "L" key.

I haven't re-installed it into my FSX as there seem to be so many bugs still.
Badger View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2015 at 10:10pm
Hi all

I hesitate to mention this as I don't know if it's an Electra thing, or simply one of FSX's .... features. :)

I'm flying a multi session flight from Greenland to Canada and every time I reload my latest save, my fuel cock levers have been moved off the "main" position where I left them. 

Badger

piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 2:11pm
Hi, any news for us?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:47pm
The developer should be providing us with an updated build on Friday, so hopefully we'll be in a position to release the update sometime next week.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 3:57pm
I am wating on this and a update for the Fokker 27. Will we be emailed when it's available? Sorry for asking about about both planes here but since it's tbe same question didn't think you'd mind.:-)
piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 5:30pm
Thank you Martyn! And thanks to the developer
andresico View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

The developer should be providing us with an updated build on Friday, so hopefully we'll be in a position to release the update sometime next week.

THis was 3 weeks ago. Any news?
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 11:07am
I was wondering that too. I've just installed P3Dv3 and was holding off with the Electra until the update came out.
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2015 at 3:17pm
More news about the update would be nice. Love this plane, hope it hasn't been forgotten! :-)
andresico View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andresico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2015 at 9:55am
I havent used the plane since  I bought it and that was week 1.
I installed it, deleted it, installed 1.01 which wasnt much better, deleted it and now I hope that soon it will be ready to be used.
If I use unfinished AC addons, I get tired of them before they are fixed. Ouch
I would very much like to like this AC, but Justflight/Aeroplane Heaven makes that a difficult thing.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 11:13am
Originally posted by andresico andresico wrote:

Originally posted by Martyn Martyn wrote:

THis was 3 weeks ago. Any news?

Apologies for the delay. The last few fixes arrived yesterday and the installer has been created. We are just waiting on the updated manual to arrive from the designers and then we will be releasing it.

Quote I am wating on this and a update for the Fokker 27. Will we be emailed when it's available? Sorry for asking about about both planes here but since it's tbe same question didn't think you'd mind.:-) 

Yes, you will be contacted by email about the Fokker 27 and Electra updates when they are released.

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2015 at 12:55pm
Yay! Thanks for the update, Martyn!

Adam.
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2015 at 4:17pm
Apologies for the delay. The Electra service pack 2 is now available - http://www.justflight.com/support/electra-model-10a/a1807fc

• ILS indicator fixed
  • Optional increased VC lighting intensity added (see notes below)
  • Aircraft.cfg descriptions added
  • Taxi lights fixed
  • NAV and RMI gauge logic adjusted
  • ​NAV and RMI gauge rotation animation fixed
  • Altimeter barometric pressure animation fixed
  • ADF needle direction fixed
  • ADF radio updated to allow decimal KHZ to be changed
  • Turn indicator fixed
  • Whiskey compass east/west markings fixed
  • PDF manual updated

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
paradoxagi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 2:12pm
I found that the RPM gauge does not respond directly to my throttle input, instead the pressure gauge on it's left does. The rpm is stuck at about 2300 and if I give more trhottle it does not increase. It seems to me as if the gauges are flipped. Is this as intended? Or is it a bug?

I am new to flight sims and really don't know.
ThomasAH View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThomasAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2016 at 9:57pm
Not sure about the Electra, but this could be correct.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2016 at 4:51am
Originally posted by paradoxagi paradoxagi wrote:

I found that the RPM gauge does not respond directly to my throttle input, instead the pressure gauge on it's left does. The rpm is stuck at about 2300 and if I give more trhottle it does not increase. It seems to me as if the gauges are flipped. Is this as intended? Or is it a bug?

I am new to flight sims and really don't know.

It's correct. The gauge on the left monitors engine [manifold] pressure, whilst the one on the right shows the actual prop/revs speed - which is determined by the pitch setting of the propellers. You'll soon get to know all ths (we all started somewhere!!!).

If you have a fancy joystick, you can map a seperate axis for propeller pitch (as well as maybe mixture).

Adam.
paradoxagi View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paradoxagi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 1:32pm
Thank you for the infos... I'm getting into the stuff slowly... Now I have to get this propeller pitch done. And indeed, my joystick's got an unused axis, so I can assign pitch to it. :-)

One more question regarding the electra. In the dark the left artificial horizon does not show the horizon. Is this because the instrument is working visually in this plane? And without light, there is no horizon? Or did I miss something?
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2016 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by paradoxagi paradoxagi wrote:

In the dark the left artificial horizon does not show the horizon. Is this because the instrument is working visually in this plane? And without light, there is no horizon? Or did I miss something?

Looks like a bug to me!!! The R.H. gauge displays properly.

The horizon line is there ... just ... but it's dark grey - and almost invisible. Also - it doesn't correspond with/align to the other two instruments: it's offset vertically a little.

Adam.
Ramjett53 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ramjett53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 9:38pm
I recently...as in a few days ago...purchased this wonderful aircraft to use in FSX. For the life of me I cannot get any display in the DME gauge in front of the copilot and I do not see one a gauge in front of the pilot. I have turned the gauge on and it makes no difference if I select N1 or N2, neither choice displays a distance. I have verified and confirmed that I was on the correct frequency of a VOR with DME and the NAV needle pointing directly at the VOR (as well as the aircraft flying directly to it.

The one I chose was the Boise VOR, BOI, and the needle started tracking the VOR about 150 miles out to the best I could estimate, yet no matter how much closer I got the DME gauge never lit up. Yes, it was on and yes, I had the right NAV system selected.

I saw in this thread one tiny reference to using the instrument light dimmer dial and it would appear, but either I am using the wrong switch or that doesn't work for me.

Also, as an aside. Is there any way that any one knows of to "add" the Bubble Sextant to the panel as a "popup"? I really became interested in this aircraft after reading some history about Amelia Earhart's flight in 1937 and would like to duplicate her route. That will be near impossible without a sextant, which is available at AVSIM and does work in both FS2004 and FSX.

Randy
Randy Tyndall
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2016 at 10:03pm
Haven't flown this plane in awhile. Far as I remember though the dome gear works. Are you sure that BOI is dme equipped? I am probably telling you something you know but not all VOR's are dme equipped. If I get time and the chance I'll check the plane and the VOR and tell you if mine works.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic