This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Electra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockheed Electra bugs found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2015 at 12:15pm
The solution for the Autopilot is to right click. the heading and pitch.
JNS View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JNS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2015 at 11:11pm
Hi.  Any news on when a patch will be coming for the Electra?

Thanks,
Jef
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2015 at 10:45pm
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks the VOR needles are a little wonky. I thought I was losing it. Fix this and you've got a very nice vintage airplane here. Some other small issues but not many. Any ideas as to when a patch might be coming? :-)
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2015 at 5:47pm
I can confirm that the ADF needles point backwards. The NAV needles seem to be more or less working. This may not be a bug but how on earth do you use the compass on the top nav gauge for anything useful? I may not be doing something right but it always points in the same direction. As I said it may be me as I'm learning VOR navigation. It just seems very different here. Also the cyl. head temps hit 300 and just stay there no matter what. I hope that isn't normal! Love the aircraft and the bugs while many aren't killers. But I like to fly by the book and this makes it very hard.Surely some of these fixes shouldn't be that hard to patch. They're not that serious.
prokopiv View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prokopiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2015 at 10:46pm
Does anyone know how to get the nav hold button on the autopilot to work?
ebgee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 7:14pm
Updated today... and most issues are fixed.  The magnetic compass, however, still operates backward.  It shows the proper heading, the dial just spins opposite what a real magnetic compass would.  I can live with it... it just feels weird to me.
piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:03pm
Thank you to the developers! It's way better then before, unfortunatly the most important fix lacks: ther props don't rise at maximum power, they at 25/2600 rpm, it's too low.
After that Pilot window does not open entirely like the copilot does.
The Carb Air Temperature is steady just above the 0.
The pilot Light switch does not work.
The panel light dimmer works only for the DME...
Maybe for a future update?
Midnight Music View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:17pm
Where are you all getting the update from? I don't see anything here on the JF website.

Lee
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:19pm
You need to redownload the file from Just Flight's site. Just like you did when purchased.
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 8:45pm
Thanks! Odd that JF didn't send me an e-mail notification...oh well.

Lee
piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:20pm
Actually they send it to me!
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Midnight Music Midnight Music wrote:

Thanks! Odd that JF didn't send me an e-mail notification...oh well.

Lee

Your welcome. I haven't gotten it yet. Busy with real life and all. They sent me an email on how to get it. My guess is you would finally get one as well. Happy flying. I wish it would fix the carb heat management but this is a definite start. Hope it doesn't monkey with the flight dynamics as I already liked it.
medwyn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 12:05am
Thank you for the patch and on top of the nav fixes the extra view of the right seat is great! :)
A few thoughts on the update:
- the new turn and bank indicator is very relaxed, the needle moves only a tiny bit in both directions no matter how hard I bank the wings :)
- the attitude indicator still does not show the pitch: it stays just below the horizontal line regardless of the aircraft attitude. But banks properly.

Thank you again, this is my fav add-on of all times!
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 1:19am
Thanks, JF, for the update! I got the notification email from them and duly re-downloaded/re-installed.

The good news is that the NAV/ADF needles thing is much improved. The bad news is that it in P3D, the top gauge still spins around quite often for no reason.

Does the localiser/glideslope deviation dial at bottom right do anything for anyone?

Adam.
thefrog View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2015 at 11:26pm
I can't get the ILS to work. Everything else seems to be ok. (P3D v2.5)
Merlin59 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merlin59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 2:20am
I can't figure it . Everything seems much improved but the ADF needle is still backwards. I flew from PFYU to PAFA , set the ADF and it pointed away from PAFA the whole trip. It was very accurate, just backwards. As I said go figure. Everything else though is much better. CHT no longer hits 300c and just stays there. You can actually manage it now.
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 3:26am
Originally posted by Merlin59 Merlin59 wrote:

I can't figure it . Everything seems much improved but the ADF needle is still backwards.

Confirmed here.

Also, some other niggles: up/down mouse scroll wheel operation is inconsistent throughout. Works fine on the HSI knob, but in many places the wheel only decrements - regardless of which way you scroll it.

@medwyn - have you spotted the "sensitivity" dial below the turn & bank indicator? Maybe yours defaulted to some weird setting. My indicator seems to work fine (in P3D).

mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 8:34pm
First, it's difficult when posts concerning FSX and P3D are made to the same topic thread.

I'm using FSX and still have the same issues:

1. ADF needle pointed 180 deg opposite.  It should point directly to the NDB.
2. The needles in what appears to be an ILS Glideslope/Glidepath gauge never move, even with freq. set correctly and aircraft on the Glideptah and on the Glideslope.  This was tested using another aircraft that worked correctly.
3. The panel lighting still goes way too dark in the shadow when aircraft heading is changed.  While the shadow option is a nice piece of eye candy, if it doesn't work well, it should be removed.

Sorry for the negative reply
Mike
mnowinski View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mnowinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2015 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by Adamski_NZ Adamski_NZ wrote:

Originally posted by Merlin59 Merlin59 wrote:

I can't figure it . Everything seems much improved but the ADF needle is still backwards.

Confirmed here.

Also, some other niggles: up/down mouse scroll wheel operation is inconsistent throughout. Works fine on the HSI knob, but in many places the wheel only decrements - regardless of which way you scroll it.

@medwyn - have you spotted the "sensitivity" dial below the turn & bank indicator? Maybe yours defaulted to some weird setting. My indicator seems to work fine (in P3D).

It's also there in FSX, but I see nothing change when I click on it or use the mouse wheel on it.
Mike
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2015 at 9:50pm
I got the update and it fixes a lot. There are still a few things, my landing lights don't turn off. Anyone else notice this?

Lee
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic