This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Electra
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lockheed Electra bugs found

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lockheed Electra bugs found
    Posted: 11 Sep 2015 at 10:22pm
My finds on this beautifull vintage aircraft. Some minor bugs i'd say.

- prop levers seem reversed, or labeling as such is (low rpm on dash when pitched full fine).
- taxi and landing lights go on using nav lights switch. taxi and landing lights switches inop.
- internal sounds could be better. wind rush seems way too loud compared to engines when on cruise speed
- radiostack unreadable from distance in VC
- weird shimmering of props when turning (annoying in the left hand corner window)
- flap and gear soundset seems to come straight from other Aeroplaneheaven aircraft (dc6, dc3)

other than that, she is modelled really nice and flies predictable too. Details of rivets, material, engines and exhausts are superb. I'm sure these kinks will be ironed out...
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 9:48am
Thanks for all of the feedback Thumbs Up

The developer is currently working on a service pack to address any issues that have been identified. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Adamski_NZ View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 5:06am
I'm never really sure whether to post bugs here or in the Support area.

Though I love this aircraft, I've found lots of bugs:

1) FSX: Elevator trim appears linked to the aileron axis. Checked all my axis assignments - no problem there. Works fine in P3Dv2.

2) FSX/P3D: Sound appears to come and go when switching views.

3) FSX/P3D: ILS needles inoperative. Is it even implemented? Manual suggests it is.

4) FSX/P3D: The VOR/ADF needles in both the main gauge and radar gauge are barking mad. They spin randomly (particularly on approach) and never really point to the actual NAV beacons. Something seriously messed up with the code here, IMHO.

5) FSX/P3D: Landing lights blink/strobe. Maybe that's correct <?>.

6) P3D: Lights need to be toggled back and forth a few times via the VC before they work properly.

Other than the trim/aileron axis mix-up, I don't think any of these are show-stoppers - and they certainly don't spoil the overall enjoyment of the aircraft. Let's hope we get a patch soon!

Adam.

EDIT: Can't log a support ticket as the system appears to be broken.

Also - there needs to be an Electra-specific area here in the forum ;)
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 9:15am
Adamski, having done some further flying I can underline your findings too.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Tobus Tobus wrote:

Adamski, having done some further flying I can underline your findings too.

Thanks for that. I'm often scared of posting comments about bugs in case it's either just my system or because I'm doing something dumb!

Adam.
Cellinsky View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cellinsky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2015 at 12:00pm
Tobus, Adamski, I second what you have found. Navigation Needle is confusing. I only used Nav 1 so far, but was way off course in the end. Maybe a feature to simulate unreliable equipment back in those days?

Flightmodel seems to be accurate. Lots of power. Crosswind Landings are a real challenge. I have yet to  master it. One-wheel-landings only so far...Embarrassed Steering on the ground is very easy. I thought planes of that decade used mainly breakes for steering and had  no steerable tailwheels. Anyone knows for this plane? 

Overall its a fantastic plane and highly recommended. Very immersive and I love it. A true work of art. Well done AH.

Marcel
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 3:40am
I get the impression that the code for the needles is confusing ADF and VOR.

A couple more to add to the list:

Spelling on the instrument panel "LITE" should be "LIGHT". Even though "LITE" is undoubtedly USA-English, you'll find if you research Electra panels that UK/English "LIGHT" was used.

Talking of lights, the avionics lighting rheostat only works for the small DME indicator. All other instruments remain pretty dim at night.

Adam.
Ala13_Kokakolo View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ala13_Kokakolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 7:19pm
Yes. I confirm all the before mentioned bugs. Also the automatic pilot knows only turns to one side when using the mouse wheel.

Not a bug, but some sounds to switches and windows, and the possibility of tone down the volume of the engines, will be welcome.
Ala13_Kokakolo
piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2015 at 9:15pm
This aircraft is very well modelled and rendered. It's an iconic plane that shouldn't lack in P3D or FSX, thank you for the implamentetion!
But I think that there are a lot of little and big (some bigger) bugs:
Please tell me if I am wrong.
The ADF and the VOR needles are a bit odd, I think that they actually point to the correct direction, but are reversed.
The RPM are too low, they does not rise above the 25-6 RPM at maximum power
The Carburator Head Temperature is steady at 300 
The Carb Air Temperature is steady just above the 0
The pilot Light switch does not work
The panel light dimmer works only for the DME
Sounds are a bit low outside.

Kudos for the beautiful plane, but it's a shame don't make it perfect!

Bye
donnybalonny View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 8:34am
First of all, thanks for making your bug reports public. I think it halps us decide wheater to buy or not.

I was/am very interested in this addon, but the amount of bugs being reported here and at the SOH, makes me wonder if I should wait or maybe skip this one. 

I just cant get it into my head why this addon was put on sale with all the bugs. The day after, a huge amount of bugs were reported. Is AH/Justflight not doing any beta testing? It gives Aeroplane Heaven/Justflight a poor image.

The plane looks very nice and thats good, but the funcionality is very important and for many of us, flying a bird like this one is a lot about navigating old-school, so the instruments should be working the way they are supposed to do. 
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:16am
@donny

Don't let these reports put you off. It's still a great add-on - and at a reasonable price.

As I'm the most frequent poster in this topic, I feel a bit "responsible". I've been a JF customer for a *long* time and have found them to be quite responsive to bug reports. However - I normally manage to be able to log these issues via their ticket system. For some reason, there's a problem with this at the moment so a lot of it has gone public.

I'm not saying there's any need to cover things up, but sometimes show-stoppers get reported and sorted immediately - and don't end up going public at all.

I've beta tested a few sim products over the years (but never for JF) so I understand how sometimes even the blindingly obvious bugs get through. Sometimes, it's a very late change that fixes one thing and breaks things that were working fine up until then (who knows?).

I do agree, though, old-style instruments really have to work on aircraft like this. Dear old Amelia wouldn't have got far - and I dread to think where Ingrid Bergman would have ended up!

Adam.
piperpiper View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piperpiper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:33pm
I'm so sorry that my post could be in any way a reason to avoid this piece of art!
This Electra is really a beauty, well modelled, well textured, the flight dynamics are well done. It is the best electra 10E for p3d in my opinion and I am very happy having bought it! I am sure that we have forced them to release it a little before having completed the test, so we can help them to fix those little bugs we found. At this price, so well done in almost every parts, is a gift for us, enthusiastic fan of vintage planes simulation. Please accept my suggestion only for the purpose to make it ever better.

ebgee View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebgee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 1:07am
I'll echo everybody else's findings with one addition...  I also believe that the numbers on the magnetic compass are reversed.  Because of the way the magnetic compass works, the numbers should decrease to the right, and increase to the left... opposite of what might be expected.  
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 9:15am
Adamski_NZ and Piperpiper.
Dont feel sorry or responsable for anything. On the contrary, I am very glad that you wrote what you did.
Not only does it help me and others take a decission but it also helps develloper and publisher when it comes to make a service pack or patch.
Hopefully, it also makes them realize that they should do a better beta testing.

I will buy this one. Maybe later this week, but most probably when the worst of bugs have adressed. I will then accept a slightly higher price.
Tobus View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tobus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 12:51pm
While the bugs are numerous, none of them are showstoppers. I'd go for the reduced price. I doubt JF/AH will wait very long in bringing out a patch. Most of these should have been known when it got released, right?
Midnight Music View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midnight Music Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2015 at 1:42am
I've seen all the above bugs as well and I know they'll get fixed. It's a terrific package and very addictive. Another little bug, clicking the map view sometimes crashes the sim. It's not AHs fault, it's been an old bug with the map views since FS9.

Lee
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 9:48am
Thanks for all of the feedback Thumbs Up

The developer is currently working on a service pack to address any issues that have been identified. 
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
medwyn View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2015 at 8:27pm
Excellent add-on, love to fly it!
I have a couple of additions for the list, none of them vital (and I may be wrong anyway):
- The turn coordinator does not move vertically along the pitch (does it have to?) but shows the banking correctly
- slowing down with this bird without flaps and gear down is nearly impossible :) It soars miles long without loosing speed in a mild descent of 500 fpm like it has no weight or drag to face. (Again, maybe that's how it should)
- lowering flaps makes no aerodynamic effect (does not increase the pitch), only speed difference.

Thank you for this great aircraft!
Peter

Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 4:19pm
Hi

Has anyone tried to use the autopilot on the Electra?

I have the problem that both the heading and the pitch will only go one direction. With the heading thats annoying, because I have to go a full compas scale in order to change heading. 
With the pitch, its a serious problem because you can only go down and never up ar back again.

Is this a bug or me being stupid?
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adamski_NZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 4:26pm
I have that problem too. I also think the RMB/LMB and scrollwheel functions aren't entirely consistent throughout.

Let's hope the patch fixes all that!

Adam.
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote donnybalonny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 7:45pm
I must admit that I´m impressed with this addon.
I´m impressed with the amount of bugs that it has.  Why was it released like this? Is it so that AH/JF dont care about their image? 

I know now that I shouldnt have bought it until its been fixed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic