This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Chat > Hardware
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FSX Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alasdair M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FSX Problems
    Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:36am

Is there any chance that all or any my copies of various FSX programmes will ever work on Windows 8.1. I have just rolled back from Windows 10 as non of my design programmes work on Windows 10. I have all of the Scenery discs plus loads of other add on bits. Is there a work round. Have tried Microsoft but seems a waste of time. Will there be another Flight Simulator available that does work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. A few years ago you could contact Just Flight direct but I notice those days have gone
wain View Drop Down
P1
P1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:56am
Can you give a bit more detail..anny on screen errors etc... I run win 8.1 and have FSX running fine...did have the Steam version running fine to...all sims including XP10 and P3D run well with 8.1....are you sure its not AV software or maybe you just need a reboot and right click 'run as admin'....
Wayne
Alasdair M View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alasdair M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:10am
Hi Thanks for the reply I will try another install and let you have the info that comes up and will not complete the install. PC is i7 - Nvidia 750TI card - 16g ram.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 10:20am
FSX should work on Windows 8, and 10 by the sounds of it. 

You can also contact us directly using the "Contact Us" page on our website - http://www.justflight.com/contact-us
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Alasdair M Alasdair M wrote:

Is there any chance that all or any my copies of various FSX programmes will ever work on Windows 8.1. I have just rolled back from Windows 10 as non of my design programmes work on Windows 10. I have all of the Scenery discs plus loads of other add on bits. Is there a work round. Have tried Microsoft but seems a waste of time. Will there be another Flight Simulator available that does work on Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. A few years ago you could contact Just Flight direct but I notice those days have gone

I don't have any issues with FSX on Win 8.1 or 10, either with the original or Steam version.  And P3D is working without issues also.  It's likely a specific add-on causing the problems - probably try a re-install and put add-ons back one at a time until you find the culprit.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
Alasdair M View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alasdair M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 9:29pm
With the help od Just Flight I have downloaded FSX Steam and all is well my add on all work as well.
Jim View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 9:37am
FSX would not run when I installed Windows 10 as well as other problems,so I have reverted back to Windows 7.
Jim.
westmoors View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westmoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:48pm
I have the same problem which seems to revolve around the more recent up dates windows have sent out, my simulators ran OK on Windows 10 but not having used then fo

FS x won't install, FS2004 instaldl but won't open, a combat FS had no joystick control although it calibrated correctly and so on. There are lots of so called cures posted but the ones I have tried did not tally with the instructions  exactly as the computer the person was using was probably different to mine so you knew it they would fail, and some wanted to go OTT and create new accounts or upload  something called net framework which I did not attempt because I had no idea what it did !

I wondered if anyone knew just which Windows update caused this event an if a roll back to an earlier update would cure the problem.

People posting on other forums are having the same problems and quite a few have gone back to 7 or 8 or even XP to overcome the problem.
westmoors View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westmoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2016 at 5:52pm
My first paragraph somehow got chopped off and should read" not having used them for at least year found hardly anything worked".
Slopey View Drop Down
Moderator in Command
Moderator in Command
AirHauler Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slopey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 9:57am
If you're using FSX mostly, I'd highly recommend moving to FSX: Steam Edition.

I've found it to be far more stable than FSX SP2, and you can install/uninstall without issue (which isn't true of the original - MS don't even issue keys for it any more).

The .Net Framework are Microsoft libraries used by Windows programs - they are mandatory for most products these days, and will usually be installed by default.  There are no issues downloading and installing the frameworks although on an older version of Windows you may not be able to install some of the later versions.

AirHauler2 for example requires Microsoft Framework 4.0.   You'll likely already have these installed if you're using Windows 10 or any Microsoft Office applications, but the main point is that they're not sinister, and to install them if asked.
AirHauler Developer
For AH2 queries - PLEASE USE THE EA Forums as the first port of call.
westmoors View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westmoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 7:02pm
Thanks Slopey,  you are the first that has come up with something positive, I shall download Steam and the Net Framework and report the results   westmoors
WarHorse47 View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarHorse47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2016 at 8:55pm
My hardware is similar to yours except I have a Radeon graphics card and I've been running FSX in Win 8.0/8.1 ever since I got my current computer over three years ago.

In order to run FSX in Win8.0 or 8.1, you have to understand the new security features such as the UAC (User Account Control) and the problems it can create whenever you attempt to install a program or edit a file.

First and foremost, you need to be the Administrator of your computer. When you plan to install FSX, do not install it in the default director but instead install it in a new directory. With my install I created the directory C:\Games, and went a step further by adding me to the folder permissions to insure I can edit and modify anything within the folder. Then install FSX to that folder and you should have no problem.

After the install then its a matter of adjusting your graphics card and configuring FSX for controls, graphics, etc.

Keep this in mind should you decide to try and install FSX again.

--WH
westmoors View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westmoors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2016 at 3:42pm
Hi Slopey you are a real gem,   FS x Stream works beautifully as far as I can tell from the quick flights I tried and I am delighted with the result.  The download was longer than they indicated taking from 7.30 am to about 1.50 pm but all went though smoothly.

I did download netframework but I thought it was just a system update and you did not have to do anything after downloading and installing, as an old codger  there is nothing I can see I need or want to use of options available, so I shall leave well alone.

But again many thanks for your information and advice I am very grateful   westmoors
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic