This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Moving map

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Moving map
    Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 4:41pm
Hi

I am not very impressed with the moving map in Tornado GR1, it is useless for navigation,
I have even experianced that when taking of from Marham and flying North, over Water, the map shows that I am flying over land so the update is not working

Why not take a look at Flying Stations Buccaner S1 and 2, it has an ok moving map (much more detailed than the map in Tornado GR1) in the backseat, which can be used for navigation or telling you where you are

Ole
vx800
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 8:37pm
The map is reading FS date. Have you perhaps installed 3rd party scenery that replaces land class information?
vx800 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2015 at 9:14pm
I did have an ORBX installation but now, after I have installed my FSX Again to clean it up, the map shows exactly the same, just brown land and blue Water, no details and also it is not updated, meaning that even if I fly over Water it still shows that I am over ground/land
Ole
vx800
sthenion View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2015 at 12:20am
I agree. Map is essentially non functional. A good nav map/display was one feature I was hoping for. I like to be able to at least see airports...navaids, mileage arc etc. would be nice too. Since it uses resources I just turn it off.
vx800 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2015 at 8:10pm
Hi

It is not a big issue, just hope that in some later SP that there will be a useful moving map, looking forward to see what just flight comes up with
Ole

vx800
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2015 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Rich Rich wrote:

The map is reading FS date. Have you perhaps installed 3rd party scenery that replaces land class information?

I don't think it's a land class issue as my scenery is mostly default. It seems to be to do with how the graphic data is translated before display in the gauge. I was flying south directly towards the Needles (according to the map) and the Isle of Wight appeared to be shifted a few miles east (visually). I carried on south a few miles then turned back north towards the IOW. The moving map showed me as flying over land! I was very definitely feet wet. Huge position errors are appearing with heading changes.

Note, the TFR correctly indicated the cliffs as I flew over the IOW.

Kevin
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 9:48pm
Hi chaps,

Kevin, Ole - the map positioning should be fixed in the next service pack. 

sthenion, in the next update you'll be able to use the left TV screen to configure the map to show things like the magenta line, airports, VORs, NDBs, ILSs, intersections and airspaces. 

kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2015 at 10:37pm
Hi Rich,

Good to know, thanks.

Kevin
sthenion View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sthenion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 3:52am
Beautiful...thank you
vx800 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vx800 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2015 at 12:03pm
very nice, looking forward to that

it would be a good fit for the Tornado

Ole
vx800
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic