This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - P3D 2.5 Performance? Need Input Before Purchase
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

P3D 2.5 Performance? Need Input Before Purchase

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: P3D 2.5 Performance? Need Input Before Purchase
    Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 4:04pm
I kicked ancient FSX to the curb several years ago, so I'm asking for some input from P3D 2 customers regarding performance and frame-rates with the Tornado.

Input regarding frame-rates and/or other issues in P3D 2 would be greatly appreciated as I couldn't find a half decent review anywhere.

Thanks
Andrew
Jocko Flocko

Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 4:41pm
With the current P3D  v 2.5 (and a bit) I am getting about 17 FPS in the cockpit on the ground in default scenery and weather with a medium spec PC, somewhat less in the air, other than that it looks great and performs ok. Some of the features are a bit quirky at the moment but things are being sorted according to Just Flight,see the other posts Smile
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 6:40pm
Hi

I can support Pip B's comment above. I tested it in P3D2.5 for some time now. Today the SP1 came out and didn't improve framerates on my system. They fixed certainly a lot, but not the most important thing.
I get frames from 2 to 17, using also Mytraffic. The average would be 10 and that's not enough to have a great flight.

There are also problems with saved flights letting P3D2 crash. I always have to load another aircraft and then the Tornado. I wouldn't buy it anymore. Compared to other fighters, like VRS F-18 or Metalmesh Mirage, the Tornado doesn't even support TacPack at the moment. The others do for about the same price and they fly wonderful.

Dan
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2015 at 7:26pm
Wow, ok, thanks guys. Those frame-rates are definitely way to low for a military aircraft. I'll pass on it for now and hopefully they improve it in the future, I was really looking forward to it as well. This is in no way a shot at the developers, but how the heck does something this bad get past "Beta testers"?
Blaunarwal View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaunarwal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 5:32am
Originally posted by Jocko Flocko Jocko Flocko wrote:

Wow, ok, thanks guys. Those frame-rates are definitely way to low for a military aircraft. I'll pass on it for now and hopefully they improve it in the future, I was really looking forward to it as well. This is in no way a shot at the developers, but how the heck does something this bad get past "Beta testers"?

I think they test in clean, virgin systems. I tried the tornado without traffic and got framerates around 40 to 70. If you don't compare, one thinks thats great. But other products get about twice as higher frames in the same environment. So nobody need 100 FPS, but when you add some effects (specially in P3D2) or scenery (complex airport or traffic) you bring it down to 20 and still have a nice flight. Unfortunately the Tornado hasn't these reserves.

Dan
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2015 at 8:27am
I certainly don't test in a clean, sterile system unless i'm working om basic flying characteristics. My usual testing involves REX, Active Sky Next, My traffic and GenX photoscenery in FSX Acceleration. Flies perfectly well and smoothly for me (system specs are elsewhere on the forum but generally a good mid level spec) and the only tweaking to FSX is that suggested by Kosta.
Jocko Flocko View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jocko Flocko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2015 at 7:42pm
Interesting you say that because in P3D 2 unless I'm flying a GA plane practicing circuits, I never fly with any traffic. The places I do fly are in the wilderness over mountainous terrain like OrbX's Southern Alaska and Norway, landing and taking off from remote military air bases. I have a fairly hefty computer so I'll give the Tornado a few months then I might buy it.

EDIT: Thank you for all the input fellas, it is greatly appreciated. And thank you to Just Flight for allowing us to talk about the product freely and openly. Some developers out there simply delete threads if the subject matter doesn't cast a positive light on their products. Cheers!

System:
Windows 7 64bit
i7 2600k o/c @5.2
16GB 2400mhz RipJaws mem (tight timings)
2 Nvidia Titan Black Superlcocked in SLI
Cooler Master HAFX Case
Customized external chilled cooling

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic