This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reverse Thrust Animation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reverse Thrust Animation
    Posted: 07 Jul 2015 at 11:57pm
It seems to me that, upon landing and engaging the reverse thrusters, (which I have mapped to a button to X52 pro throttle quadrant (F2) ) I find that these reverse buckets do not animate for me, both in FSX Boxed, and Steam versions. I am wondering if there are hydraulic pressures that I need to check before correct operation of this?
Pip B View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pip B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 6:11am
Hi, are you watching in real-time or replaying after you have landed, if you are watching a replay (in P3D anyway) you have to leave the reverse thrusters on in real-time to see them in a replay.

(As you know, for the reverse thrusters to work you have to advance the throttles when you have landed)
Hope this helps

Pip
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 9:29am
You mentioned 'F2'. Do you mean that you are trying to use the F2 (decrease throttle) assignment? The reverse thrust on the Tornado cannot be activated using the default method of holding down F2, it must be activated by rocking both throttle levers 'outboard' (to the left). Please refer to page 9 of the PDF manual for more info.
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 1:40pm
Hi, To answer both questions here, Yes I was trying to use the reversers in real time. I am of the understanding that certain animations do not get represented in the playback mode (which I personally don't use).And thank you for that info too Martyn, I will try that out now, and report back on that :)
HOTZONER View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOTZONER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2015 at 1:44pm
Excellent,confirming that both throttle levers were rocked, and the reverse buckets came into play, Thank You.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic