This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > F27 Friendship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHow far out is the SP ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
First Officer
First Officer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How far out is the SP ?
    Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 3:09pm
...and any indicators as to what it covers as yet ?
Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Answer Answer
Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2015 at 1:24pm
The F27 Friendship service pack is now available: http://www.justflight.com/support/fokker-f27-friendship/dba9633
Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 3:20pm
Its being worked on at present. Hopefully only a few weeks away. Many things have been looked at and where possible updated. We will supply a list of what's been addressed when all is done but stuff like the Autopilot using the authrottle has been replaced and it now (correctly) uses pitch and bits like incorrect texture mapping sorted (sorry repaints may need adjusting). Cockpit lighting, A faux ground fine prop position introduced, the paint kit updated, Engine start igniter sounds added and so on. Manual will also have to be updated to reflect the changes.

BTW I thought the fuel trimmers were non-operational. I am told they are. I am told: "The official manuals say that for all normal operation, the trimmers are set to 50% level in temperatures above 15 degrees ambient. With correct throttle and HPC control, this will deliver "normal" flight characteristics. In colder climates further trim may be required. On test, the F27 lands perfectly well on power settings as per manual and trims set to 50%. It should never be started on100%."

Hope that helps.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 3:51pm
Good to know, thanks ! Wink
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 10:23pm
Hi Scotty
"sorry repaints may need adjusting"  - I'm ok with that, especially if those 'bars' under the mid fuselage are not texture mapped to the top of the fuselage anymore. I'll post a couple more 'little' paintkit things I've found in the paintkit thread in the hope they'll be adjusted.

And a request - Any chance we could get under-wing tanks optionally added for the maritime versions ? I'm a selfish painter, for me visuals would be enough no flight model adjustments required.

And thanks again for this addon that I'm enjoying so much. 
John O'Duffy

My repaints on Avsim:

Anthin View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 2:22am
Thank you very much Crankpin for the
wonderful repaints.Very much appreciated.

Anthin.
Anthin Delahunt
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 4:54am
Originally posted by Anthin Anthin wrote:

Thank you very much Crankpin for the
wonderful repaints.Very much appreciated.

Anthin.

Handshake  <bows> thank you sir
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Crankpin Crankpin wrote:

Hi Scotty
"sorry repaints may need adjusting"  - I'm ok with that, especially if those 'bars' under the mid fuselage are not texture mapped to the top of the fuselage anymore. I'll post a couple more 'little' paintkit things I've found in the paintkit thread in the hope they'll be adjusted.

And a request - Any chance we could get under-wing tanks optionally added for the maritime versions ? I'm a selfish painter, for me visuals would be enough no flight model adjustments required.

And thanks again for this addon that I'm enjoying so much. 
John O'Duffy

My repaints on Avsim:

Hi Craknpin, I'm not sure what areas of the mapping has been adjusted but we will find out when its released. Sorry no underwing tanks coming. It would involve a new model (with the tanks added), an extra updated cockpit for the extra gauges and switches and updated flight file for the extra tankage. I did ask but it was declined by the developers. 
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 11:47am
Unhappy ok, the 'look' woudda done but ah well ..
Flyer10 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 11:58am
A simple request, can they assign the hpc levers to the prop/mixture axis so people with throttles can control them easily.

All other planes do this with the condition levers for example.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

A simple request, can they assign the hpc levers to the prop/mixture axis so people with throttles can control them easily.

TBH the way the F27 is setup for various complex reasons that many not be a 'simple request' as such. I will ask but please be aware it may not happen for the reason I state.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 4:02pm
And therein exactly lies the rub. If we only modelled the tanks everyman and his dog would complain about lack of updated flight model, gauges, fuel system. Etc. In this game it's very, very hard to please anybody any of the time... So that's why no visual tanks only.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Flyer10 Flyer10 wrote:

Wouldn't FSUIPC be able to manage that ?

Crankpin View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2015 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

And therein exactly lies the rub. If we only modelled the tanks everyman and his dog would complain about lack of updated flight model, gauges, fuel system. Etc. In this game it's very, very hard to please anybody any of the time... So that's why no visual tanks only.

No worries Scotty not a biggie as I said at the start it was a 'selfish' painters request, I do understand.
Sidious78 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 12:35pm
Approaching two months since the OP question. Any news?
Scotty View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 1:33pm
Apologies for the delay. SP Software is basically done but I need to update the manual to match it. No date yet but ASAPO of course. Thanks for everybody's patience.
Scotty

Just Flight Ltd.
flyforever View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2015 at 6:05pm
that's good news. thanks
tony
FV
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 7:39pm
Where will you make the announcement of the update Scotty ?

kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2015 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by Scotty Scotty wrote:

Its being worked on at present. Hopefully only a few weeks away. Many things have been looked at and where possible updated. We will supply a list of what's been addressed when all is done but stuff like the Autopilot using the authrottle has been replaced and it now (correctly) uses pitch and bits like incorrect texture mapping sorted (sorry repaints may need adjusting). Cockpit lighting, A faux ground fine prop position introduced, the paint kit updated, Engine start igniter sounds added and so on. Manual will also have to be updated to reflect the changes.

BTW I thought the fuel trimmers were non-operational. I am told they are. I am told: "The official manuals say that for all normal operation, the trimmers are set to 50% level in temperatures above 15 degrees ambient. With correct throttle and HPC control, this will deliver "normal" flight characteristics. In colder climates further trim may be required. On test, the F27 lands perfectly well on power settings as per manual and trims set to 50%. It should never be started on100%."

Hope that helps.

The fuel trimmer in the sim certainly affects fuel flow, even to the extent that anything above 0% will cause some fuel flow even with the HPC shut off. That shouldn't happen. However regarding starting at 50% trim, where ever you set it before start, as soon as you engage the starter the trimmer moves to 100%. Anyway 100% is the correct position for sea level ISA conditions so it should be OK in the sim. I wondered whether this fuel trimming problem was part of the reason for other engine starting issues (see below).

Something is very wrong with the engine start. Occasionally the right engine won't crank even though the start light illuminates. The left engine will usually start, then the right engine will start too. Possibly start power logic isn't right? This seems to be related to the order you do things in. If you shutdown an engine and then later restart it it usually runs up to 8000 rpm or more and stays there. EGT remains high just under the red line and fuel flow is maximum. Engine sound changes when RPM hangs up like this too. Sometimes the engine will eventually run down and stabilise at idle, but usually it stays at high rpm and the only cure is a reload of the sim. This happens even if you follow the procedure in the tutorial exactly. I've usually had good starts doing a more normal procedure (turning the fuel on after the rpm has started to increase).

I hope the SP update has addressed these issues, but if not maybe the next update?

Kevin
SRUIZ View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2015 at 3:33pm
The DC-8 customers were told in January 5th that a hot fix would soon be released, January 5th. And not a peep since.
But I'm sure your SP is right around the corner. 
Bart Reurts View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2015 at 7:35pm
And we sing ,,, sooomewheere over the raaaainbooow way up high ,,,,,,,,,,,,Embarrassed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic