This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

many problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: many problems
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 4:37pm

At first I think the manual isn't really helpfull by many problems. 

For Example, I tried out the Air to Air refueling system. I think the tankers are to fast. 
Further more the system is not working. I did study the Manual, but I couldn't find anything, except descriptions about the switches of the refuel system. But by using them, nothing is happening. Yes I was directly behind the tanker. 

Further more, by selecting the tanker, the AP Buttons flashing. After that, it wasn't possible to Engage AP Submodes again (HDG, ALT). 

Next Example, you can read in the Manual Flight something about "Automatic Steering Override". Sounds good, but for me not working. The Autopilot isn't re-engaging. But I can not find anything about it in the Manual. 

This are two of the problems. At the moment, it makes not really fun to fly this aircraft. Confused

Martyn View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff
Development Manager

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2015 at 4:08pm
Quote I tried out the Air to Air refueling system. I think the tankers are to fast.

The speed shown in the information bar is given as true airspeed rather than indicated airspeed. We've now updated the information bar to give both true and indicated airspeed. The tanker should be flying at approximately 280-290 KIAS.

Quote But by using them, nothing is happening. Yes I was directly behind the tanker.

Are you within the limits (distance and height) that are shown on the 'A2A' TV display menu?

Quote Further more, by selecting the tanker, the AP Buttons flashing. After that, it wasn't possible to Engage AP Submodes again (HDG, ALT).

A fix for this issue will be included in the upcoming update.

Quote The Autopilot isn't re-engaging.

You can only use the automatic steering override if the autopilot is engaged in the basic mode - the autopilot is engaged but no other lateral/vertical modes are engaged (HDG, ALT, APRCH etc). 
In this mode the autopilot will hold the selected pitch/bank and using the ASO function you can temporarily override the autopilot to adopt a new pitch/bank. If any lateral/vertical modes are engaged then the stick force cutout will operate instead of the ASO when applying large control inputs, causing the autopilot to be disengaged.

Thanks
Martyn

Martyn
Just Flight Ltd
comy View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote comy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2015 at 8:14pm
okay thanks it helped a little bit. Only Air Refueling isn't working at the moment. 

Don't know if I doing anything wrong. I am direct behind tanker aircraft. 

Other questions: 

it's normal that the nose of the aircraft goes up and down from -10° to +10° in Radar Height Hold Altitude mode of the Autopilot? It holds altitude, but it feels very unstable. 

And how to get the TF mode working? The green ready light is off all time. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic