This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flight Dynamics problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrex1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flight Dynamics problem
    Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 11:12am
Hi, 

Just purchased the Tornado and installed it into P3D V2 and I've noticed that when flying straight with plenty of speed that the aircraft looses altitude. This issue happens even if the aircraft is trimmed correctly and the wing position has no effect on the issue. 

Many thanks.

Conner
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 5:36pm

When you say "flying straight and level with plenty of speed", are you using the HUD to give you reference for this? In FSX (I don't have P3D to test with), I don't have any descending when the aircraft is straight and level - see folowing screenshots, taken at 230, 400 and 800+ kts, all with correct sweep angles for speed:

If it is the HUD which you are using to determine straight and level, this is a known problem and is being worked on.
conrex1 View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrex1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 7:51pm
It is the HUD that I was referring to. Thank you very much for your reply and answer  :) 
Delta558 View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Just Flight FDE Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delta558 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 8:17pm
No problem, glad to be of help - just wanted to make sure there wasn't a flight dynamics problem! The HUD has been discussed, once the initial performance issues are sorted it is on the 'to do' list.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic