This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > Tornado GR1
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Load-out manager problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Load-out manager problems
    Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 6:21pm
I'm unable to get this to work properly, maybe I've missed something? Occasionally I've been able to get a Sky Shadow ECM pod on the left outboard pylon. When no pylon is selected the pylon stays in place. The only other store I can get to appear are cluster bombs. The M13 GP bomb only shows the pylon. Nothing else shows up externally, though the screen shows it selected.

The fuselage pylons, when visible, hover below the fuselage with no apparent connection to the main model.

The interface is very awkward to use and slow to navigate. Also the left (0) key moves the pylon select cursor to the right while key 1 moves the cursor to the left. Not very intuitive.

I'm running FSX-SE under Wiondows 7 64 bit.

Kevin
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:43am
Support ticket opened.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 12:29pm
OK, finally worked this out, I now realise you have to select the pylon and the store. The fact it was showing "No pylon" on the page when it wasn't selected  and empty when it wasn't is what confused me. I can see why you might want to selected a pylon without a store, but if you select a store the pylon should come with it automatically. Currently if you forget to select an empty pylon but select a store, you get the weight of the store added but no visible model. You have to go back and empty the station before you can select a pylon, then the store.

So my fault it didn't work, but it is buggy and inconsistent. The cluster bombs appear even though the pylon is not selected for example while other stores don't. Also the interface via the back seat TV display is awkward and slow to use. A 2D popup load manager would be better, with the TV display for information only. You can't access the load manager with the back seat disabled either.
Henk Schuitemaker View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Henk Schuitemaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:10pm
Kevin, there are 2D popups for both left and right TV's: From the FSX/P3D menu bar, select Views -> Instrument Panel -> Left_TV or Right_TV.
Bruce448 View Drop Down
Ground Crew
Ground Crew

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce448 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 1:14pm
Kevin, there is 2d popup for both the rear screens via the drop down menus then views option. Sorry for The brief direction but I'm away from the sim pc.
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Henk Schuitemaker Henk Schuitemaker wrote:

Kevin, there are 2D popups for both left and right TV's: From the FSX/P3D menu bar, select Views -> Instrument Panel -> Left_TV or Right_TV.

OK, that's good to know, but the interface is presumably the same. Not very user friendly.

I meant a load manager pop up, not something trying to mimic the TV displays. A few mouse clicks and you would be done. At the moment you have to scroll to each station, then select the pylon, then select the store.

Kevin
Bodace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 5:01pm
No such luck for me I still can only get the simulated weight but nothing appears on the outside view
kevinh View Drop Down
P/UT
P/UT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevinh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by Bodace Bodace wrote:

No such luck for me I still can only get the simulated weight but nothing appears on the outside view

That's the problem I had. The trick is to select a pylon first. With nothing selected, this will say "No pylon". Change it to "empty" (i.e. empty pylon) by clicking the "F/A" key. That makes a pylon appear. Then you can select the store you want and it should appear as well as add weight.  To remove the store, move the cursor up to the pylon line and click the select key. That will remove the store and revert to an empty pylon. Then to remove the pylon click the F/A key. Simple it isn't.

It's all in the manual but a bit confusing to use. Confused me because you use the cursor keys and select key for the store but the F/A key for the pylon.

Kevin
Bodace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 5:17pm
ill give it another go
Bodace View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bodace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 5:29pm
That did the trick thanks Kevinh, your right this interface is very confusing and needs to be changed I think or at least made more obvious in the manual.
Rich View Drop Down
Just Flight Staff
Just Flight Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 6:17pm
The operation of this will be addressed in an upcoming update. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic