This forum is in read-only mode for archive purposes, please use our new forum at https://community.justflight.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Just Flight Products > DC-6B - Legends of Flight
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HSI VOR Radial Misreading

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HSI VOR Radial Misreading
    Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:38am
Don't know whether anyone can help but just recently I have found that when at an airport such as Southend and selecting a VOR, in this case LAM then to Trent for Manchester Airport the HSI locates LAM from the ground as it is only 20 odd miles away and the radial to fly is selected .  After take-off and coming onto the radial the HSI indicator is central showing that I have aligned with it but in reality I have found that the a/c is actually flying some 40 degrees away from the VOR, selecting Trent the same happens and although the HSI is showing I am flying the radial the DC6 is actually flying some forty degrees away from it.

After a complete shutdown and restart I am able to fly the route correctly, as I said, this does not happened with every flight but is now becoming quite frustrating.  Has any-one else had problems with the HSI and navigation to VOR's?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Nigel.
snave View Drop Down
First Officer
First Officer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 3:06pm
Gyro drift set in GUI ? 

Then use `D` key to realign HSI.

Nigelnhj View Drop Down
Check-In Staff
Check-In Staff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigelnhj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2015 at 10:12am
Hi snave and many thanks for your reply, will give that a go and see if it makes any difference though I may possibly have misled on my post as I really meant the Omni Directional Indicator or CDI that actually displays whether or not you are flying directly towards the chosen radial of the VOR or flying left or right to the track.

Hopefully your sugestion may work with the Omni Directional Indicator as it would with the HSI.

Again, many thanks

Regards
Nigel
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic